News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.8K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.6K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

General Construction Updates

View from a friend's apartment in the 5 ST Maple Project. Good view of 707 5 ST - Soon to be eclipsed by the Mariott ( :( ). Also Park Point, and can see the crane for the stalled 10 Ave building.
Your friend has a pretty sweet view. :cool: Too bad about 707-5th, but a great view of everything else.

Going, going .....gone.

DBABU71VoAE--mc.jpg
DBABU8TUIAADZYq.jpg
DBABU8YUAAAuhsN.jpg
DBABVFmUMAAZz7F.jpg

Attachments

• DBABU71VoAE--mc.jpg
    DBABU71VoAE--mc.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 285
  • DBABU8TUIAADZYq.jpg
    DBABU8TUIAADZYq.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 308
  • DBABU8YUAAAuhsN.jpg
    DBABU8YUAAAuhsN.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 288
  • DBABVFmUMAAZz7F.jpg
    DBABVFmUMAAZz7F.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 279
Does anybody else have trouble uploading a file in certain threads? I have a couple more updates, but when I go to certain threads and click upload file, nothing happens.

That one turned out pretty good, Edmonton Tr has come a long way over the last few years!

I, for one, don't care for how this turned out at all. It misses on so many marks. The overall design is a trashy interpretation. The colours are just awful. It's set too far back from the street and the arcade isn't very welcoming.

Does anybody else have trouble uploading a file in certain threads? I have a couple more updates, but when I go to certain threads and click upload file, nothing happens.
Dave, I've had problems uploading when the file is larger than 3MB, but I usually get some kind of error message. Which threads are having the issue?

Last edited:
I've had issues when loading directly from my phone. And it's not the issue of the 3 MB file size, every once in a while when trying to load a photo from my phone it just sits and hangs.
For some reason if I tried 10 minutes later it usually works.

I, for one, don't care for how this turned out at all. It misses on so many marks. The overall design is a trashy interpretation. The colours are just awful. It's set too far back from the street and the arcade isn't very welcoming.
While I can't explain all of your concerns with this project, I can confirm that it is set so far back from the street because of the 5.182m bylaw setback for Edmonton Trail. All new projects, between 16th Ave and 5th Avenue, are required to be this far back from their property line. It was originally intended to allow for two additional lanes of traffic to be built, but since the CTP that is no longer going to happen.

Unfortunately, the City hasn't articulated a clear plan on what to do with the setback area, nor have they confirmed they no longer need it, so all projects on streets with these setbacks will continue to be pushed back from the street, with usually a dead lawn space all that is allowed in between.

I don't know what any of these projects are, but I passed by them all the time and I thought it might as well take some pictures. These are all on Center Street between 40th Ave. and 32nd ave.
IMG_0499.JPG
IMG_0503.JPG
IMG_0504.JPG
IMG_0505.JPG
IMG_0507.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0499.JPG
    IMG_0499.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 303
  • IMG_0503.JPG
    IMG_0503.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 481
  • IMG_0504.JPG
    IMG_0504.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 271
  • IMG_0505.JPG
    IMG_0505.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 298
  • IMG_0507.JPG
    IMG_0507.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 362
While I can't explain all of your concerns with this project, I can confirm that it is set so far back from the street because of the 5.182m bylaw setback for Edmonton Trail. All new projects, between 16th Ave and 5th Avenue, are required to be this far back from their property line. It was originally intended to allow for two additional lanes of traffic to be built, but since the CTP that is no longer going to happen.

Unfortunately, the City hasn't articulated a clear plan on what to do with the setback area, nor have they confirmed they no longer need it, so all projects on streets with these setbacks will continue to be pushed back from the street, with usually a dead lawn space all that is allowed in between.

Thanks. I expected as much but, it's good to get confirmation. It's still not a well executed design. I can understand people giving it a pass given its location.

Back