News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.6K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.7K     0 

Water-cooler discussion thread

SkyRise Nutjob.PNG

I didn't know where else to post this.. Anyone else get one of these? or am I just that resplendent?

I did.

I also got a notification from my phone that my password has been compromised by an information leak. I’ve changed it though.

I did.

I also got a notification from my phone that my password has been compromised by an information leak. I’ve changed it though.
I got a notification from by browser saying the same. The amount of bots and spam calls that have been contacting me lately has just been insane. made the mistake of picking up a spam call from a 587 number last week and the following day I got 19 CALLS from bots asking me if i'm interested in woman in my area of that my social insurance number has been frozen. it's completely out of hand.

I got a whole bunch of calendar entries on my iPhone on the weekend. Entries ranging from fixing viruses on my phone, to calling some hot chick named Rachel. I don't think the entries had anything to do with this site, but weird nonetheless.

Not sure if there is a better thread for this, but this news is quite disappointing:

My wife used this facility regularly, especially after the birth of our son. It was her social outlet for the first couple of years, allowing her to bring him to the free child care while she was able to go to a fitness class. The childcare was always top notch, he loved going there as well. Lots of good memories for them, however due to the pandemic, they haven't been able to go since last March.

It is really unfortunate, as this was a facility that greatly improved the quality of life for our young family when living downtown. Losing it is one more challenge to raising kids downtown, that the suburbs don't face with their massive new rec centers still remaining open.

As much as the City talks about wanting to see more people living inner-city, the investment in infrastructure and services (or lack thereof) by the local government, school boards, other service providers such as the YMCA, really seems to indicate the opposite intent is the desired outcome.

I was also disappointed to hear the news. I used to go there myself quite a bit, and over the past few years my wife and have gone there quite a bit. Definitely sucks.

Couldn't agree more. A forum is only as good as its contributors, and we have a number of people who contribute a lot. Props to guys like UW and others who give us regular photo updates and information updates, it greatly appreciated.

Part 1 - The vent begins. We have a small architectural practice in Inglewood, and we are blessed with a Hair Salon on the ground floor, and a Lash person who relatively recently set up shop downstairs as well. (Crowded) She was evicted from the building next door. Anyway, I digress. The real shit started on after March 27 last year, when the province stated non essential businesses must close. Frankly I was at our office frequently, as we were trying to strategize business development during this crisis. It's important to note that I was and am the only person in our office. My partner works from home. One day I'm making a warm cup of Joe, and looked out the window noticing vehicles parked behind our office, and then realizing Lash lady actually is taking in clients through the back door. At first, and probably wrongly, I let it go, thinking this is a one-off. It was a day later, (after I couldn't sleep thinking I abandoned my moral + civic duty), I asked her to stop it. She didn't, so I seized the day and made that phone call to the City. They posted a notice. That was last year.

Part-2 - Fast forward to this year, I'm at the office working on trying to find work. Yes, working on trying to find work. Same deal, Salons and personal care services were still to remain closed. (please understand, I have nothing against these services, and I even personally know a few who own salons and remained shut.) This time Lash lady's strategy was to apply an opaque film and paper to all of the windows and glass doors. Various vehicles silently arrived at the back, and silently left over the course of a week. I had already contacted AHS, and then there it was. Lash Lady walks up the stairs to the office.... and wait for it....threatens me. I tried to explain the seriousness of this, but it went nowhere. I think I told her something about lacking an intelligence quotient or something like that, but it escapes me. I did show her photos of the license plates I took.

Part 3 - Finally found those elusive projects, and unfortunately I can't talk about them, but it isn't design work. and it is Covid sensitive. Which brings me to Part 3. The news of these variants is really concerning, to me anyway. Ironically, after weathering the covid storm for so long, it has come very close, which requires me to go get my son tested tomorrow. As we have a shared entrance downstairs, I decided to print a few signs to visitors to the building stating that masks were mandatory for anyone visiting the building, (whether visiting us or Lash lady). I put one on the front door, one in the vestibule, and one on their door. From a demising perspective it isn't their door, its the landlords door.
IMG_8371 red.jpg

Water Cooler chat exhibit A
Today, I came back to the office with a long list of items I wanted to tackle, and saw to my amazement all signs were removed, and what greeted me was this.
IMG_8374.JPEG

So, my water cooler buddies, therein lies one of the truths about covidiocy. "Worry about your self!" It seems that by any stretch, it is clear that some people don't get it. It is as much about protecting others as well as one self. I will now take a big cup of water from our water cooler, and figure out my next steps. What complicates things is that the salon owner is the landlords daughter. Yes the soap continues..... I'll keep you all updated. (btw I redacted all the expletives that may have been construed as too over the top.) but she is a FN@#@$@"? Bt87';';

Back