News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.6K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.7K     0 

Urban Development and Proposals Discussion

I don't think this has been mentioned here before but there is another project in Chinatown that is being planned for 307 1St SE. 196 affordable housing units by Knightsbridge Homes. It is called Lotus
Interesting, the page for it says these micro-units can be operated as either residential or office.

No DPs for either of these Chinatown ones yet, but both sound promising.

For the one on 1st STreet SW, with the upcoming open house, I thought there was supposed to be some inclusive park/plaza planned there. About a year ago I remember reviewing plans for something of that nature. Guess that fell through.

Found this in Placemakers Part 10: The Power of Place

Rivers_District_construction.png

So, you left wingers aren’t totally happy unless all 14 councilors are left wing? Why not keep it out of this forum?
I'm just making a statement that that Terry Wong wouldn't have been elected if only one of those other two candidates we're running. If this veers too much into politics I'll move the posts into the civic politics thread.

Hmmm.... another purpose rental. That is surprising given that the previous owner of the property (Fram & Slokker) were planning high end condos on that site as it faces the river. I thought for sure that whomever bought it would hold out for the condo market to turnaround. I guess they are tired of waiting. Developer is Alston Properties out of Winnipeg.

Back