News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.7K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.7K     0 

Urban Development and Proposals Discussion

The Architect has lots of renders on their site. Like the massing, but that brick pattern is something else, not sure how I feel about it just yet.
https://www.atlrg.ca/606

EV_CRNRSOUTH-update.jpg
606+Web+Diagrams.jpg
EV_CRNRNORTH-update.jpg
EV_FRONT-update.jpg
EV_ENTRY-update.jpg
EV_NIGHT-update.jpg
EV_ALLEYBURGS-update.jpg
EV_MEWS-update.jpg
606_RIVER+RESTAURANT-update.jpg
EV_DECK-update.jpg
EV_MATL+ELEV-update.jpg
EV_WEST-update.jpg

Hmmm.... another purpose rental. That is surprising given that the previous owner of the property (Fram & Slokker) were planning high end condos on that site as it faces the river. I thought for sure that whomever bought it would hold out for the condo market to turnaround. I guess they are tired of waiting. Developer is Alston Properties out of Winnipeg.
Given the number of listings in The Concord next to the Peace Bridge, I get the impression that there’s a pretty soft market for that kind of high-end riverfront condo.

What if they just randomly scattered black bricks everywhere instead of the little flower design. Would this improve the overall look? Should they just stick with white brick for the entire building or do full walls in either white or black?

Given the number of listings in The Concord next to the Peace Bridge, I get the impression that there’s a pretty soft market for that kind of high-end riverfront condo.
I believe this is rental.

So, you left wingers aren’t totally happy unless all 14 councilors are left wing? Why not keep it out of this forum?
Lol why would we leave it out of this forum? We talk about everything here, including politics, obviously.

I believe this is rental.
It is. My comment was in response to a previous comment about why I think this project is purpose built rental rather than high end condos (i.e., because there isn't currently a good market for high end condos).

I also think the fact that there won't be any parking (due to footprint constraints) would make this a tough sell for a high end condo.

Back