News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.7K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.6K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

Urban Development and Proposals Discussion

My mom always told me "if you have nothing good to say, don't say anything". Maybe that should apply to architects and their designs.

It's great urban form, the small setbacks and limited parking (46 car parking stalls for a 140 unit building) will strengthen Kensington as the best collection of TOD in the city. On the other hand, using @haltcatchfire's rule, I would not say anything about the visual appeal of the building. It was better as a massing diagram.

I'm usually a beige hater, but it can be done well

1610142309216.png

I don’t know where to post this so I’ll post it here. Calgary may be down but it’s not out. One of the highest population growths in the country. Our pop stands at 1,543,000 now.

The Bridges project looks to be turning out to be very successful. The public area in the middle is busy all the time, even during winter. I have to say that Bridgeland is really coming of age. People were out everywhere, not just the central park area. Once the Bridges projects are finished up, it'll be even better.

00-DSC_9309.JPG
DSC_9355.JPG
is really coming of age.

The Bridges project looks to be turning out to be very successful. The public area in the middle is busy all the time, even during winter. I have to say that Bridgeland is really coming of age. People were out everywhere, not just the central park area. Once the Bridges projects are finished up, it'll be even better.

View attachment 294602View attachment 294603 is really coming of age.
This is all I ever wanted in Calgary😢...vibrancy!

Back