News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.7K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

Urban Development and Proposals Discussion

From the 16th Avenue NE Functional Planning Study, here is the vision for 16th Avenue east of this site:
1608235592194.png

The cycling plan isn't ideal, but 100 times better than what's there now. Ultimately, if money weren't an issue I'd have a bridge crossing the Deerfoot that would be for both pedestrian and cyclists.It would start and end fairly high up on the slopes at each side.

Image6.jpg

Cool little project - the Holiday inn at 42 av and MacLeod is being proposed to be converted to bottom floor commercial and upstairs affordable housing. Not sure how street friendly that commercial will be without a major reno, but interested nerveless. The Dream Centre is running the show

The fact there's random grass and trees dividing the development along 16th ave shows the City still hasn't understood what TODs are. That whole 16th ave side should have retail on the bottom integrated with the Max station and should also include a wider sidewalk. It would be more inviting to the public. Right now how is this different than every other failed secluded redevelopment in our city?

The land use for this one of Jemm's goes to CPC this week. The report is here:

Applicant outreach summary is here:

Nice to see the community association is in support:
The DP has been submitted for JEMM's 9A Street NW project in Kensington:

The cycling plan isn't ideal, but 100 times better than what's there now. Ultimately, if money weren't an issue I'd have a bridge crossing the Deerfoot that would be for both pedestrian and cyclists.It would start and end fairly high up on the slopes at each side.

View attachment 289510
Yes I agree, when the City proceeds with this they should build a signature “gateway” bridge from top of bank to top of bank.

Back