News   Apr 03, 2020
 5K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.9K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 4K     0 

Urban Development and Proposals Discussion

The site for Mancal Marda Loop has a DP now - DP2024-03383. 6 storeys, 598 sq. m of retail, and 191(!) dwelling units.

There's a different architect now (LOLA), but the size of the building would seem to be roughly the same as before.

This is the block with the liquor store (used to be a Safeway decades ago, I think?), and some businesses like Forage and Tres Marias. I used to live right by there so I'll miss those last two. (Although the prices at Tres Marias are insane in recent years).

Last edited:
The liquor store has really gone downhill since becoming a Liquor Depot. It used to have a decent selection of wine and had taps to fill growlers. I was in yesterday and couldn't tell if they were liquidating their stock or just aren't keeping much stock anymore (maybe because of the impending development).

Would be too bad to lose small businesses like Forage and Tres Marias! I also use the dry cleaner and my son takes music classes in that building.

The liquor store has really gone downhill since becoming a Liquor Depot. It used to have a decent selection of wine and had taps to fill growlers. I was in yesterday and couldn't tell if they were liquidating their stock or just aren't keeping much stock anymore (maybe because of the impending development).

Would be too bad to lose small businesses like Forage and Tres Marias! I also use the dry cleaner and my son takes music classes in that building.
Its actually an Ace liquor now. I think when it it was liquor depot was when it had the growler fill area

We were just talking about the empty lot a while and wondering why it has been sitting empty for long. It's been pushing 30 years.

Back