News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.8K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.6K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

Urban Development and Proposals Discussion

It's never been quite clear to me... is Gopher Park going to be lost due to this project or are they only planning on building on the gravel lot? I ask as I seem to remember the City of Calgary saying Gopher Park was only going to be temporary when it was built however I haven't been able to find any info on it one way or the other ever since.
next to Gopher Park, but who knows. Right now I'm not fit for semi intelligent or even intelligent reaction after this news. Apologies.

It's never been quite clear to me... is Gopher Park going to be lost due to this project or are they only planning on building on the gravel lot? I ask as I seem to remember the City of Calgary saying Gopher Park was only going to be temporary when it was built however I haven't been able to find any info on it one way or the other ever since.
From the Ingelwood/Ramsay Community Project Update - June 2020:
"...and lead the planning, design and development of a mixed-use development that will include a new fire station. The land is comprised of four parcels located at 1204, 1210, 1212 and 1216 11 Avenue S.E."
And on google maps:
Capture.JPG

Looks like all four addresses land inside that parking lot, even when I searched 1206 cause it doesn't show in the image.

It appears they got rid of the curb extension at the corner. Does anyone know why? My initial thought was that it was to accommodate large delivery trucks, but it seems like the loading docks are on the north side of the building.
Must be the case. It would be nice to have a curb extension in that spot.

Looks like Trico now owns the land where Orchard (Lamb Developments) was going to be going in. The space is still a parking lot and likely will be for years to come but the management of the lot has changed from Indigo to Impark and the new signs all have Trico Communities listed on them.

Looks like Trico now owns the land where Orchard (Lamb Developments) was going to be going in. The space is still a parking lot and likely will be for years to come but the management of the lot has changed from Indigo to Impark and the new signs all have Trico Communities listed on them.
Do they have experience in building high rise multi family projects in downtown districts? Many of their multi family projects that are listed on their website are much lower density and in the suburbs.

Last edited:
Do they have experience in building high rise multi family projects in downtown districts? Many of their multi family projects that are listed on their website are much lower density and in the suburbs.
To my knowledge, the tallest buildings Trico have put up are the ones where their new offices are in Kingsland, mixed with residential. Perhaps Trico's presence on that block in the planned entertainment district means lower rise residential is being considered. Something many people in this blog are in favour of.

To my knowledge, the tallest buildings Trico have put up are the ones where their new offices are in Kingsland, mixed with residential. Perhaps Trico's presence on that block in the planned entertainment district means lower rise residential is being considered. Something many people in this blog are in favour of.
I'd be less worried about form, more about business model. Do they have an interest in financing then operating a rental project themselves, or have an institutional partner who will take possession of future projects as a rental? Selling units will come around eventually, but rentals can be done now.

Back