News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.8K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.6K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

Infill Development Discussion

some might say its boring but i find it way better than the multi (bad) colour multi (bad) material projects going up all over the place these days.
Haha oh.yeah for sure, sometimes I feel like the designers just closed their eyes and picked colours for some of the exteriors.

A couple more infill shots from Marda Loop

I'm really starting to like these small 8-12 unit developments that are popping up on corners around the inner city. Not necessarily for the design and materials, but the massing and use.

IMG_1444.JPG
IMG_1445.JPG

Banff Trail is starting to have a lot of the 4-unit rowhouses on corners. 24th avenue in particular.
It's the new trend, and I like it. I much prefer the 4-6 unit corner complexes then the usual onslaught of duplexes. Though I wish the city would increase the zoning a notch on some of the corridor type roads like 24th Ave.

Looks good. Corrugated metal isn't usually a favorite of mine, but it beats hardy board any day of the week.

Good to see this type of development in the city. We need more of it. Personally, not my style in terms of colours, but that's just my personal style. What's the situation with trees? Waiting until spring to plant? Or are these units pretty much up against the PL?

Agreed. I'm a fan of these small 3-6 unit developments that have been popping up on corners. Very human scaled that feels much like a single family home for those who like that style, yet offers good density.

Back