News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.8K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.6K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

Infill Development Discussion

Would that be an indicator of a weakening condo market if a developer chose to not do density in a approved higher density parcel?
No, just means the project pencils out better due to cost/ease of construction, amount of units they think that can be absorbed in that basin, timelines for completion, ROE/IRR, etc.

A combo of both I think. I always thought the finished build would look a lot less dense than the rendering, with less high-rise towers, but I thought the build would be quicker, given it was a quasi greenfield type site, and in a good location.. We've seen more builds in Marda Loop where there is opposition to everything built.
while a good location, it still does not have a walkable anchor. University District got this right by having Save-On in a quite early stage. Guaranteed that did not come at zero cost to the developer.

I know Currie hasn’t really taken off, was it just overly ambitious? Or just not enough demand for housing there?

Hasn't Currie always been a few years away? Expect it to move much quicker once the U/D starts to fill out. Won't be surprised if they eventually scale it down though...

477635002.jpg

Pretty solid infill in bankview. All six units sold for over 700k each.

Color me happy. I've been griping for years that 20th ave which has seem mostly duplexes built should be seeing higher densities.

FAAS has three other projects along 20th ave.

Another one here where 12 units would be replacing one house.
Another one here, where 8 units would be replacing one house
Another one here, that is proposing three buildings to replace these two houses. It previously looked to be dead, but a new permit has been submitted this year, and has already been approved and released. I'm guessing at least 16 units.

Between those four FAAS designed projects, there's also this 16 unit development proposed for 20th ave. in a 7 block stretch along 20th there are 5 proposal totaling 76 units. That's a fair number of units, that won't even be very noticeable due to their smaller scale.

Back