News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.8K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.6K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

General Construction Updates

Is Bing Thom still the architect?
KPMB is the lead architect and they're also doing the expansion for the Contemporary Calgary building. Their designs tend to be simple with high quality materials, so I'm excited to see their vision.

However, I'm curious of those who have seen the renderings, is the design only completed for phase 1 expansion to the location north of Teatro? Or will the design for the existing Arts Commons building also be revealed?

Anyone lose power last night? sounds like there was a fire in an electric vault at 7ave and 9st SW last night. Read something about someone trying to steal wire too, but not sure if there's truth to that part.

However, I'm curious of those who have seen the renderings, is the design only completed for phase 1 expansion to the location north of Teatro? Or will the design for the existing Arts Commons building also be revealed?
The rendering I saw was only the section that was going to be next to Teatro. I assume that the design aesthetic would transition over to the main building too, but that would just be speculation. I don't really have any more details to offer unfortunately, just that the rendering I saw looked pretty cool. Perhaps not quite as cool as that one Bing Thom concept that floated around a few years ago, but I'm not sure how realistic that one was anyway.

Drills on site on the lot 37st & 26 ave SW. can’t remember the name of the project
IMG_1721.jpeg

KPMB is the lead architect and they're also doing the expansion for the Contemporary Calgary building. Their designs tend to be simple with high quality materials, so I'm excited to see their vision.

I wonder too but probably not considering afaik phase 2 is not yet funded

I don't see a DP on DMap, but NORR has quite a write-up about it on their website (edit, this is actually for Eau Clair Place II):
1708097714772.png

1708097724978.png

Edit: Here is the link to Eau Claire Place I:
1708097909292.png

I don't see a DP on DMap, but NORR has quite a write-up about it on their website (edit, this is actually for Eau Clair Place II):
View attachment 541038
View attachment 541040

Edit: Here is the link to Eau Claire Place I:
View attachment 541041
Yikes!
Very woofy

Back