News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.7K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.6K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

General Construction Updates

Eau Claire Plaza making great progress. They’ve added at least a half dozen poles in the last six months and should be ready in time for its grand opening in 2035.
IMG_0548.jpeg

Are there other City capital projects experiencing this? Or, is it just this plaza that is stalled out? I have heard there isn't much progress on cleaning up / finishing the 17th Ave extension into Stampede, but haven't been by in a long time to see.

Are there other City capital projects experiencing this? Or, is it just this plaza that is stalled out? I have heard there isn't much progress on cleaning up / finishing the 17th Ave extension into Stampede, but haven't been by in a long time to see.
Think the 17ave extension is just waiting for the CTrain station to finish up. They are going full out on that so I wouldn’t think much longer once that is done

Eau Claire Plaza making great progress. They’ve added at least a half dozen poles in the last six months and should be ready in time for its grand opening in 2035.
View attachment 545598
I wonder if the city knows something we don't... With Eau Claire mall coming down and I assume the same for the old Y, maybe there isn't much urgency to push this through.

My impression is sometimes the contractor comes to the city and says either they can walk away, have more money, or take more time. Given everything going on, little consequence of taking more time.

Don’t care much about the plaza opening, there’s enough open space around there and soon to be a lot more but give me the north-south pedestrian route back already!
Totally agree, I have no idea why they couldn't have opened that up this entire winter. They're even shovelling the snow on half it already.

A look at Henry Block in Marda Loop before and after development, and a peek into their Elizabeth Square development down the street. They are currently painting a large mural on the South side of the new 4 story office / retail building.

Leonard Development Group is doing amazing stuff in Marda Loop.

DP was just submitted for "Brooklyn Block", a new residential midrise on the parking lot behind the Kahanoff Centre. I have never heard of this project before. 10 storeys, definitely not a looker and some questionable design choices. On the bright side, it will be hundreds of units replacing a parking lot.
Nothing showing up on the Development map. I believe Ayshire is the developer.

Back