News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.6K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.7K     0 

General Construction Updates

Is transit ever slated to return to 17th, and as a result the one ways on 14th and 15th ave set to return to two-way traffic? Or, now that they have put in bike lanes on 14th and 15th (maybe generous to call them lanes), are those avenues to remain one-way forever?

Is transit ever slated to return to 17th, and as a result the one ways on 14th and 15th ave set to return to two-way traffic? Or, now that they have put in bike lanes on 14th and 15th (maybe generous to call them lanes), are those avenues to remain one-way forever?
I think the one-ways have been working well, most of the feedback was to keep them in some form regardless of what happens with 17 Ave. I don't think they have told us what the final configuration will look like though:

https://engage.calgary.ca/1415Ave

I'd say make the move to pedestrian only on 17th between 4th and 8th purely just because of how annoying the loud vehicles driving by are.

It's extremely clear that the extra patio space for businesses and street space for people is more beneficial than a couple vehicle lanes. I can't even remember the last time I went to 17th and drove there.

Eau Claire…

691DCAE1-07B7-4975-AC51-060C439216E1.jpeg

I'd say make the move to pedestrian only on 17th between 4th and 8th purely just because of how annoying the loud vehicles driving by are.

It's extremely clear that the extra patio space for businesses and street space for people is more beneficial than a couple vehicle lanes. I can't even remember the last time I went to 17th and drove there.
It's quite bizarre that from all the options of travelling East<-->West in the Beltline people deliberately chose to drive in a single lane road getting into a traffic jam in both directions. I can't remember the last time I drove down 17th ave either, the idea is repulsive

Regarding haltcatchfire comment I couldn't agree more

Transit this year (and last) has been back on 17th. And there is discussion on having a transit route go into the Stampede Grounds via 17th Ave.

Back