News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.7K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.6K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

General Construction Updates

Tough to find a full rendering of it, but O2 Planning and Design has a write-up and a bit of a rendering for the Kingsland Retirement Residence, mentioned just above:
1629208845690.png

I really wish the economic and political climate was such that property owners had sufficient incentive to throw up small commercial buildings like this in all the empty lots in Downtown and the Beltline. It's totally perverse that property owners are inclined to allow entire city blocks to sit empty for decades while they wait for the stars to align around high-rise mega projects.

I really wish the economic and political climate was such that property owners had sufficient incentive to throw up small commercial buildings like this in all the empty lots in Downtown and the Beltline. It's totally perverse that property owners are inclined to allow entire city blocks to sit empty for decades while they wait for the stars to align around high-rise mega projects.
Couldn't agree more. Sometimes I wish those empty parcels in the middle of East Village were divided up into varying sized parcels so some smaller developments could start going rather than a 4 tower mega project. Smaller developments varying from the size of INK, to ones similar in scale and massing to projects like Fifth.

Back