News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.7K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.7K     0 

General Construction Updates

haha, nothing like encouragement

They covered that nice new roof at the Boxwood patio with sheet metal :mad: F*ckin Calgary.

...not sure what the fuss is over that roof, it matches the rest of the development, and it's not cheap...what would be the alternative?

...not sure what the fuss is over that roof, it matches the rest of the development, and it's not cheap...what would be the alternative?
When the wood portion was being put together it built up some anticipation of something really cool. It's not bad with the metal roof, I had hopes it would be something special.

This comes up a bunch. If so many people think this, yet it remains in the bylaw as a widening setback, what's the disconnect? A few options I could think of:
  1. Who ever (a transportation planner somewhere I would imagine) controls the list of setbacks on inner city roads is actually still imagining expansion one day so won't give it up
  2. No one "manages" the list of setbacks, so never really on the radar at a high enough level, with enough motivation to change
  3. Some other unexpected problem emerged that even though every agrees the space is not need for a road, stormwater pipes (for example) aren't configured to anticipate less space so make it tricky to get rid of the set back.

There's a whole list of roads that get impacted by these setbacks, 14th Street and Edmonton Trail being fairly repeat offenders. Anyone involved with inside knowledge on how this works?

Good point, it is such a weird problem. Why these old setbacks for road expansion still influence anything is beyond me. If we had to pay attention to these on 9 Ave, we would have to build to these setbacks:

Back