News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.7K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

General Construction Updates

Awesome! That project always felt a bit like architectural vaporware to me, so I'm glad it's going ahead.

Hmmm... they probably would not start this unless they had some tenants lined up (both business & food service) ... would they??

If not, the developer would have to have deep pockets so they can sit on it for a while. I assume they will have no trouble filling such a character space for both the retail and office as it is in such a desirable location. Provided we don't have another flood this year of course...

Sweet!! I notice their are still a lot of surface parking lots in EV. I wonder if anything is going to happen to the old parkade across the street from BVC and the new library in the near future?

If not, the developer would have to have deep pockets so they can sit on it for a while. I assume they will have no trouble filling such a character space for both the retail and office as it is in such a desirable location. Provided we don't have another flood this year of course...

That's one of my biggest fears with this project. The developer has bitten off more than they can chew. I'm hoping they have commitments in place for the spaces.

Was this the one we last we heard the city was going to build the underground parking and cap it at grade until the developer was ready to go? If so great news that it's going straight to full build out.

Construction begins on M2 by the Bow River: "The construction contract has been awarded to EllisDon, which expects to be on site shortly with a target completion date in the spring of 2019"
http://calgaryherald.com/business/c...w-river?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Sweet!! I notice their are still a lot of surface parking lots in EV. I wonder if anything is going to happen to the old parkade across the street from BVC and the new library in the near future?

Yeah I'm curious about this too. I wonder if anything currently undeveloped is being sat-on until the RDMP gets underway (or at least reaches project definition)?

CPC Agenda next week:
http://www.calgary.ca/PDA/pd/Docume...ommission/agenda/2018/agenda-cpc-april-19.pdf

Items of interest:
4.01/4.02 (starting on page 107/549): This is a land use (4.01) and DP (4.02) for a smaller condo project in Parkdale, just in behind the Lazy Loaf and Kettle. The package doesn't really show the renderings very well, but DP drawings start on page 134

5.01 (page 157/549): Oakridge co-op. Council gave the land-use first reading only I think, on condition the DP be improved. Judge for yourself, drawings start on page 197.

50.02 (page 257/549): One Properties 12th Ave (Curtis Block). Looks like the on-site demo has been underway because the DP is close to approval. DP drawings start on page 280.

Was there someone from this forum taking pictures of 707 5th at around 12:30 today? Saw someone out grabbing some pics on my way back to site from a supply run.

CPC Agenda next week:
http://www.calgary.ca/PDA/pd/Docume...ommission/agenda/2018/agenda-cpc-april-19.pdf

Items of interest:
4.01/4.02 (starting on page 107/549): This is a land use (4.01) and DP (4.02) for a smaller condo project in Parkdale, just in behind the Lazy Loaf and Kettle. The package doesn't really show the renderings very well, but DP drawings start on page 134

5.01 (page 157/549): Oakridge co-op. Council gave the land-use first reading only I think, on condition the DP be improved. Judge for yourself, drawings start on page 197.

50.02 (page 257/549): One Properties 12th Ave (Curtis Block). Looks like the on-site demo has been underway because the DP is close to approval. DP drawings start on page 280.
Looks like One properties is looking to build only 2 towers for now

Memorial Drive project
7C10C11F-07D1-4F18-A565-37B317429AA2.jpeg

Attachments

• 7C10C11F-07D1-4F18-A565-37B317429AA2.jpeg
    7C10C11F-07D1-4F18-A565-37B317429AA2.jpeg
    278 KB · Views: 367

Back