News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.8K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.7K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.9K     0 

General Construction Updates

Vivo is far north central; in the same area as the Country Hills Landmark cinemas and mini power centre, the North Pointe bus terminal and future Green Line station, Notre Dame HS. In addition to a rec centre, it's also the community centre -- the four Hills communities (Panorama, Coventry, Country and Harvest) have a single mega community association, based in Vivo.

It's an interesting design and in a way the delay getting it started probably helped; an indoor park as the key new feature is maybe not so great had it opened in the Covid era.

The boonies already have *plenty* of very nice things, especially in Calgary.

This looks pretty cool though, another diamond in our sea of suburban turds.

The burbs always get these kinds of facilities, but in all fairness, the burbs have large populations of families and children, and that's what drives these rec centres. Inner city used to be decently represented with the Respol centre, Eau Claire Y, and the Y on 11th ave. With the Eau Claire Y closing I feel there needs to be another facility somewhere. Maybe on one of those empty lots along the train tracks.

AEC60A5B-A2CF-4533-95BE-B2223030FC3C.jpeg
7F0DC04D-94C6-4FE1-8208-A07B8EF4850F.jpeg

The burbs always get these kinds of facilities, but in all fairness, the burbs have large populations of families and children, and that's what drives these rec centres. Inner city used to be decently represented with the Respol centre, Eau Claire Y, and the Y on 11th ave. With the Eau Claire Y closing I feel there needs to be another facility somewhere. Maybe on one of those empty lots along the train tracks.
It will cost 1/10th the amount to keep the Eau Claire Y open versus trying to replace it. the Beltline facility should probably increment down a notch and stay open, but without the expensive pool.

The Beltline Y is undergoing a considerable renovation at the moment.

Really? To what extent? I’m surprised! I thought that they only have a brief reprieve after the attempt to try to close the facility in 2019.

This is only from glances while driving past but I thought it was only the old YWCA building that is now the home of Community Wise that is under renovation? I didn't think it encompassed the building that houses the beltline rec centre.

Back