News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.7K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.6K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

General Construction Updates

Working on a few ideas for infill micro housing, starting with me own lot. Just testing What ifs. WIP
High 3 Early Concept.jpg

Looks like Sarina has bought and intends to develop the entire block that Coco is on.

Interesting! I guess they managed to make a deal with the holdout homeowner. I’m glad they managed to get this property because it was going to disrupt the continuity of that block, and I was worried the lot they already cleared was just going to sit there vacant.

They recently listed the property that their Harrison showroom was supposed to be before they changed the building to purpose built rentals.

That makes me soooo happy! 🥰🥰🥰

Working on a few ideas for infill micro housing, starting with me own lot. Just testing What ifs. WIPView attachment 311607
It is a prefab concept right now, tilt up. a few options I’m looking at. We provided a concept back in 2013 for Maggie street in Ramsay. There were 4 units on a double lot, with kind of a collective central outdoor space. the idea didn’t get a lot of traction then. I have to figure some stuff out, but from a density perspective I’m interested in this approach. It’s not perfect at all, but stay tuned.

i find that townhouse product in mission always shoots for larger "luxury/executive" unit sizes above 2,000sf and I really wish they would focus on skinnier units, with tandem garages at the 1,200-1,600 sf range.
I bet this comes down to zoning - upping the number of units would likely require a more onerous approval process, even if the building footprint or massing did not change at all.

Was just posted about yesterday! Good timing on the update though. Good to know work is already underway. Welcome to the forum.

I like the public art program, but you definitely raise some good points. When it comes to freeways, just use the money to make the infrastructure itself less ugly, no need for something you have to take your eyes off the road to see, or miss entirely! The Stony overpasses in the SE are decent, the mountain theme makes the concrete a little less boring and isn't distracting.

Back