News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.1K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 867     0 

General Construction Updates

Cyric

Member Bio
Reaction score
The Subaru dealership on Macleod Trail directly south of the Mission Crossing project has started shoring for construction of their new dealership. I couldn't find the sketch of it that was floating around a year or so ago but It should help make another spot along that stretch look a little better.

MichaelS

Member Bio
Reaction score

Mull

Member Bio
Reaction score
The Subaru dealership on Macleod Trail directly south of the Mission Crossing project has started shoring for construction of their new dealership. I couldn't find the sketch of it that was floating around a year or so ago but It should help make another spot along that stretch look a little better.
If you find it, please post it!

Surrealplaces

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score

CBBarnett

Member Bio
Reaction score
As long as the windows aren't limo tint black like the building to the east it should be decent.
It's reasonably good filler and certainly better than an parking lot - but once again our arterial road design limits how good this one could ever be. I suspect most access will be off the parking lot to the rear, rather than the side fronting a noisy, near-freeway quality of Bow Trail. Look for those retail bays to eventually remain locked and accessed only from the other side.

Bow Trail is a good example of the split personality in how we design our major roads. A weird combo of wide lanes, high capacity, green-wave signal timing and sound walls slice right through the older, grid-layout suburban areas, combined with intermittent freeway/near-freeway sections (Downtown to Shaganappi Point; 45 Street to 85th Street). I drive on this one regularly and it has to be a leading candidate in the city for road design-induced speeding.

UrbanWarrior

Member Bio
Reaction score

FCC1982

Member Bio
Reaction score
It's reasonably good filler and certainly better than an parking lot - but once again our arterial road design limits how good this one could ever be. I suspect most access will be off the parking lot to the rear, rather than the side fronting a noisy, near-freeway quality of Bow Trail. Look for those retail bays to eventually remain locked and accessed only from the other side.

Bow Trail is a good example of the split personality in how we design our major roads. A weird combo of wide lanes, high capacity, green-wave signal timing and sound walls slice right through the older, grid-layout suburban areas, combined with intermittent freeway/near-freeway sections (Downtown to Shaganappi Point; 45 Street to 85th Street). I drive on this one regularly and it has to be a leading candidate in the city for road design-induced speeding.
Yeah - I wish they would just make Bow Tr. a freeway between Crow and Sarcee. Take out the Jubilations building and straighten out the ‘S’ curve and add interchanges at Sarcee and a couple of the following:
- 26th St
- 33rd St
- 37th St
- 45th St