News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.6K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.7K     0 

General Construction Updates

That's the one. It will be a boutique hotel with a restaurant on the ground floor. I think it's called Wesley Hotel. Won't be open before July or August.
Cool, thanks!. perfect building for it. I wonder if they are replacing the glass? Having it tinted like that probably is okay for the guests, cuz they get more privacy, but man that 80's mirrored glass is awful from the outside.

I know nothing of what the final product will look like. All I can do is make educated guesses. Based on my client I doubt the glass will be replaced.

Bow storage by Crow and Bow:
20200213_085830.jpg
20200213_085831.jpg
20200213_085823.jpg

There’s scaffolding all around the lower portion of the building so it looks to be at least getting some exterior updates at grade level.

That's the one. It will be a boutique hotel with a restaurant on the ground floor. I think it's called Wesley Hotel. Won't be open before July or August.

Edit: why isn't my photo attached?

Nice evolution from skyscraperpage on this new site. I'm trying to decide if I want to reveal my old user name from there. lol. Is this a safe space now? Haha. So sad what happened to SSP. Rest in peace. My first post to read (2015, Lido, Kensington) is the attached pic so I have a lot of catching up to do! Thankfully I don't have to scroll through pages of bullshit now to read or contribute. Beautiful site.

Clipboard01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome aboard Design Build ?

Nice evolution from skyscraperpage on this new site. I'm trying to decide if I want to reveal my old user name from there. lol. Is this a safe space now? Haha. So sad what happened to SSP. Rest in peace. My first post to read (2015, Lido, Kensington) is the attached pic so I have a lot of catching up to do! Thankfully I don't have to scroll through pages of bullshit now to read or contribute. Beautiful site.

View attachment 230954

Welcome Design Build!

View attachment 230954

Thanks for the welcome. I had 5000 posts before on SSP and good to see people still talking! I left my office job in 2014 and started my own company and have been enjoying it and also accepting the challenges that come with that. Glad to be back but not sure what my construbution will be just yet.

Thanks for the welcome. I had 5000 posts before on SSP and good to see people still talking! I left my office job in 2014 and started my own company and have been enjoying it and also accepting the challenges that come with that. Glad to be back but not sure what my construbution will be just yet.
Welcome to the group @Design Build

Civil discussion is all that's required here :)

Glad to be back but not sure what my construbution will be just yet.
Just like all my posts and you're good to go! ?

Like O-tac said, i still go in the Canada section but haven't posted in the Calgary section of SSP in a few years. It's still crazy to me how far that section has fallen!

Had a chance to check out the skyline from the Esker foundation yesterday. Palliser reclad is better than I expected. Does anyone know what's going on behind Esker? There are cranes and construction trailers. I seem to recall hearing something about the road into Ramsay being permanently closed but I couldn't remember the reason. Is it to do with the SELRT or just utilities?

8F9BF9C6-90FE-4C69-A23B-7966CE0BAFE5.jpeg

Back