News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.7K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.6K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

Crane Count

I think I know the one you’re referring to. It’s not a construction crane, but rather a crane servicing business (Morwest Crane Service)
There's a crane over in the Manchester industrial area. It's no Lumino, bit not far from it. Not sure what project it's for.

Last edited:
While I don't have a picture, I can confirm the Cougar Ridge one. It is for "The Views" by Statesman Group:
https://theviewscalgary.com/the-statesman-group-of-companies/
Sorry for the crappy quality. I’m guessing it’s this guy.

C0612024-91A2-4632-815B-2ABCAD1659E6.jpeg

i drove by that on banff coach road this afternoon. absolutely massive. just looms over the houses in that area. didnt get to check it out unfort.

Had an opportunity to get a better picture of the Patterson / Cougar Ridge crane yesterday, thought I would post it.
View attachment 174906
This one will stand out for sure. Also: wowzers 1990s-era Calgary houses. This image can be the stock photo for every news article debating the merits of sprawl and/or density.

^ Not super visible at first blush, but those are actually reasonably dense developments. Each building you see in the foreground is actually at least 3 units, some 4 units. The ones further in the background are mostly duplexes, some triplexes. Now, the density doesn't do anything about the 100% auto oriented nature of these developments.

The Views is an interesting development.

Back