News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.7K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.6K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

Covid-19

Well, the Alberta government seems to be pretty confident about schools reopening in September under 'near normal' conditions. I wonder if all of the school boards will concur. This is a critical next step.

Guess I should start carrying a mask around. I won't wear one outside, but will inside now. What I am curious about is all the people who wear a mask in their car alone, that one is odd to me.

Guess I should start carrying a mask around. I won't wear one outside, but will inside now. What I am curious about is all the people who wear a mask in their car alone, that one is odd to me.
I think it is a hangover from earlier in the pandemic when mask were about protecting yourself, rather than limiting emissions of droplets and aerosols from everyone. So since the mask's outside was a dirty surface, if you had more than one stop you'd keep it on.

How does everyone feel about wearing a mask? I've been wearing one and haven't found it to be a bother, but have been noticing some people not wearing a mask when in a public places or businesses.

Covid Therapy Part(I've lost count), therapeutic exercises due to no work, but trying to keep the brain going. A canopy idea, (stress idea) for Pearce Estate Park promenade. Please note the dog and the deer are not wearing masks yet.
Canopy 1.jpg
Canopy 2.jpg
Canopy 3.jpg

How does everyone feel about wearing a mask? I've been wearing one and haven't found it to be a bother, but have been noticing some people not wearing a mask when in a public places or businesses.
My anecdotal observation is about 75-80% of people wear one inside public places. The rest of the population who do not either don't care of don't pay attention. They are the same people who walk down the middle of the sidewalk or aisle instead of keeping distance.

It seems like most people wear the mask, and for myself personally it's not a big deal wearing one. It hasn't been an issue. In the time times I've been out and about since the mask bylaw I've only seen a couple of people in stores without one. A guy that I work with has been wearing one but has complained a lot about it. He keeps bringing up the position that masks don't protect you, and I've mentioned to him it's more about protecting others, but he doesn't seem to hear it.
My anecdotal observation is about 75-80% of people wear one inside public places. The rest of the population who do not either don't care of don't pay attention. They are the same people who walk down the middle of the sidewalk or aisle instead of keeping distance.

It seems like most people wear the mask, and for myself personally it's not a big deal wearing one. It hasn't been an issue. In the time times I've been out and about since the mask bylaw I've only seen a couple of people in stores without one. A guy that I work with has been wearing one but has complained a lot about it. He keeps bringing up the position that masks don't protect you, and I've mentioned to him it's more about protecting others, but he doesn't seem to hear it.
It is interesting to live near Thomkins Park at 17th Ave and 8th Street SW on Saturdays since Covid. The place has taken off to medieval town square level of vibrancy - complete with wild characters shouting about anti-mask/anti-vax/anti-mask for children protests and a (un)healthy dose of conspiracy and separatist mega-phone chants. It's often the same people across all issues but it's also super random and chaotic scene. Throw in all the scooters and increased pedestrian traffic and it's like a weirdly crowded futuristic/dystopian place like Blade Runner - but with way better weather :)

Last edited:
The shift in park use in the Beltline has been most excellent. With it being likely we will have a second summer of physical distancing next year, I wonder if 2 years is enough to shift cultural norms.

Certainly for all the new bicycle owners - will they just age away in the garage or is there a good portion of society that will keep their new habits.

The shift in park use in the Beltline has been most excellent. With it being likely we will have a second summer of physical distancing next year, I wonder if 2 years is enough to shift cultural norms.

Certainly for all the new bicycle owners - will they just age away in the garage or is there a good portion of society that will keep their new habits.
As someone who planned to get a bike this summer, but didn't really act fast enough to the point I am not going to bother for this summer, I really hope to see a lot of great kijiji deals pop up when the snow starts flying.

Back