News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.7K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

Calgary's Homeless

Maybe we're talking past each other...

The point I was trying to make (and one that you conveniently continue to step over) is, some people are so mentally ill or suffer so deeply from addictions, they are unable to function without serious support. You can give some people a free house and a fixed income, but they'll still end up on the streets. The guy I saw passed out on the street...you can give him a free house and he'll be back on the streets in less than a year without serious mental health support.

I understand that you're an academic that lives in the wealthy, high-status liberal enclave of Marda Loop, and I'm sure you can quote every study on homeless since the 1980's, but just engage with reality. This video says it all:

What these faux-vancourites from Marda Loop will never understand is that any solution that doesn't work for 100% of people everytime isn't worth implementing. Forget the results that Medicine Hat have seen with their housing first strategy or that they explicitly stated "it is virtually impossible to resolve mental health and addiction issues with someone who is not currently in a stable living situation" Those things can just be ignored in favour of your reality.

Back