Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 15 13.6%
  • Terrible

Votes: 20 18.2%

• Total voters
20210416_084749.jpg
20210416_084739.jpg

So, some hope for improvement still to come on these ones. The grilles are starting to go up on the east tower, and seems to be better integrated than the west. Not nearly as jarring. Hopefully they do the west tower in a similar fashion.

What do you mean by better integrated? I doubt they end up different when complete.

The dark framing around the east tower vents just looks better to me than the unframed west tower ones. It makes the vent grilles seem smaller I suppose.

Is it finished framing or is the dark frame just unfinished, needing the aluminum added there?

Perhaps I should scroll back and see what the first tower looked like at that stage.

Edit: Ok, wow on further review, the aluminum frames around the mechanical grilles on the first tower went in straight away. On the second tower they've run dark spandrel all around it.

Clearly Cidex sat down and said, where can we add more spandrel to this sucker.

"But won't it look strange that one tower has such a non monumental element be the differentiator between the two?"

"SPANDREL!!!!"

Last edited:
Edit: I just reread this on my PC, and see that my phone, in sunlight, did a terrible job typing out what I thought I typed out. I have cleaned it up below.

I wonder if the west tower is finished, and might see more added around the vent when they (hopefully) fix the random pieces in the crown. Also, here is another photo from further away, showing the contrast between the two.
PXL_20210416_190204460.MP.jpg

Last edited:
I refuse to believe that those white panels are intentional. There is no pattern to it, random full piece of spandrel here, random triangular there. It makes no sense. Whether or not they get around to replacing them is another story, but there are still key pieces missing on the lobby level so I'm holding out hope.

I refuse to believe that those white panels are intentional. There is no pattern to it, random full piece of spandrel here, random triangular there. It makes no sense. Whether or not they get around to replacing them is another story, but there are still key pieces missing on the lobby level so I'm holding out hope.
Yeah I've always thought this. I thought people were joking when they said they were permanent. They better freaking not be.

Illegal drive by photos, and then I cried when I got home... no ticket, but just the view, experience, etc.

Attachments

• CAF995AE-96CB-41F1-9A18-CBBE3E340695.jpeg
    CAF995AE-96CB-41F1-9A18-CBBE3E340695.jpeg
    205.4 KB · Views: 83
  • 88EF1082-C09C-40B3-BB46-56D92DB55F1E.jpeg
    88EF1082-C09C-40B3-BB46-56D92DB55F1E.jpeg
    251.8 KB · Views: 80

Back