Village Block | 27m | 6s | Liberty Housing | Metafor

MichaelS

Member Bio
Reaction score
A development permit and land use application have been submitted for the vacant parcel in Parkdale Village, located at 3rd Avenue/Memorial Drive and 34th Street NW. This parcel was City owned, but was sold as one of 3 sites back in October to provide affordable housing. Liberty Housing Organization was the successful proponent for this site, and now have their application in:

1704317186452.png

If anyone is curious, here's the map of where the city is proposing additional density be focused in the South Shaganappi communities. I'm guessing that there will be a lot of resistance to this, particularly from Varsity Village and University Heights. I think it's a no brainer to create dense, walkable/bikable areas surrounding the University, so am really hope the majority of this plan can get through.

South_Shaganappi_Potential_Focus_Areas_for_Growth_Map.png

Well this is now my favourite project in the City. The arches, materials, scale and brick screening is perfect. 10/10 and it’s affordable housing, damn.

It’ll be a miracle if it makes it through tender with this level of design and materials, but here’s to hoping it does!

Looks great. Those balconies look pricey though. I agree with Calg - this one might need to go through the V/E ringer.

Looks great. Those balconies look pricey though. I agree with Calg - this one might need to go through the V/E ringer.
Sadly, I have that same feeling. I think the massing and general layout will probably be the same and that works for me.

Back