University District | ?m | ?s | University of Calgary Properties Group

"Discover Self-Storage"

afsojjoasjofa.PNG

jajowajosf.PNG

Attachments

• jawfojfajos.PNG
    jawfojfajos.PNG
    149 KB · Views: 32
I'm a very long time lurker of this forum and the prior one, but I finally decided to join in on the conversation!

The lots south of Aria are quite small, so it would probably need to be a tower to fit 330 units. It'll be cool to watch a mini skyline develop in the area over the next few years!
Welcome NWUrbanism!

A large Bluebird storage building with a built in car wash is finishing construction in Mahogany. It's actually very nicely designed. Looks better than those godawful Sandstone condos across the street.

The UD construction year-end review (here) gives an idea of what is likely going to begin construction in 2024. Blocks 2, 9, 17C, and 21 on the map:

1705603555733.png

Block 2: Crystal Creek UD
Block 9: Magna
Block 17C: Autumn
Block 21: Self storage

Another portion of Varsity Courts is scheduled for demolition as well. I wonder if they're getting ready to extend Kovitz Ave? I'd love to see Warren St connected to 37 St to open up bicycle connections to Brentwood LRT and the neighborhoods to the north, but that probably won't happen until Varsity Courts is fully demolished (2026+ according to this).

I didn't know they were demolishing Varsity Courts. One of the ugliest townhouse complexes in the city. Wasn't it mainly used for students finishing higher level degrees? Does U of C have replacement options?

Back