University District | ?m | ?s | University of Calgary Properties Group

The next big project has been applied for. No further details that I can see as of yet:
The drawings for this one have been posted. Interestingly, it is not Autum by Homes by Avi. It is a JaymanBuilt project. The PDF is being quite glitchy for me unfortunately, so I am not sure if I am getting all of the details from them, but it is clearly shown as Jayman Built as the client. I am calling the project McLaurin Street for now, as I don't see any other specific branding/marketing (might be the glitches), but at least some renderings are clear:
1682088514898.png

1682088537380.png

1682088559421.png

1682088581455.png

1682088631599.png

I've made some updates to the 2nd post of this thread to be more current with project status, and have included this project in the overall community map, which the most current form is below:
1682088695375.png

Some preliminary information for Autumn, Homes by Avi's next one in the community has been released. Full marketing launch on Saturday I think.

1683202880518.png

It is going on the block east of Argyle, between McCaig and Warren Street, on the north side of University Avenue. #17 on the map now:
1683203034775.png

Edit, the DP has now been posted online:
1683209825381.png

1683209852000.png

1683209877939.png

Last edited:
U/D has done an excellent job of planting a lot of trees and a really nice mix of species. In 30 years when the tree canopy has matured a little bit these streets are going to be really nice.
100% agree. The trees and shrubs only been planted in the last two or three years and they look good, it seems they are taking good care of them.

A few random pics of University District from today.
The more I visit UD, the more I like it. It has a nice feel to it even though it’s only half built.
I’ve passed through University District a few times in this past month and I like what I am seeing. Every time I’ve been through, University Avenue has been busy. I think you’re spot on about the feel of it, it has a nice human, scaled feel to it. The density isn’t too high, and it’s not too low they struck the perfect balance.
The last time I saw the play park, it was full of kids. I don’t know if the kids live in the district or if parents drive there, but either way the park is a success.

I've taken my son to that playground as a destination. Not only is it a good playground, but it has the added bonus of being surrounded by construction, something equally as entertaining for some kids to watch.
University district has some pretty solid park space. The park opposite Capella is a nicely done urban park. The park leading down the hill towards Market mall is surprisingly nice and surprisingly busy. Of course, there’s also central park behind block 23, another park that has a lot of potential.

Back