Votes: 31 66.0%
  • So So

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I never thought I'd say this, but the blue is starting to grow on me. What started as a shitshow of surprises and poor management might become a distinctive bit of colour in our skyline.
Yeah, agreed. Honestly I don't see what's wrong with it. A slightly different colour scheme than we're used to, and everyone hates it?
I would much rather have that than the plethora of bland white/concrete buildings from the 70's and 80's.

Maybe I’m used to the colour now, but I don’t dislike it any more. I find it’s actually a nice change from the usual colours.
I never thought I'd say this, but the blue is starting to grow on me. What started as a shitshow of surprises and poor management might become a distinctive bit of colour in our skyline.

From yesterday.
2017-10-15 15.19.29.jpg

Attachments

• 2017-10-15 15.19.29.jpg
    2017-10-15 15.19.29.jpg
    292.7 KB · Views: 340
Yeah, agreed. Honestly I don't see what's wrong with it. A slightly different colour scheme than we're used to, and everyone hates it?
I would much rather have that than the plethora of bland white/concrete buildings from the 70's and 80's.

I wouldn't call it a nice shade of blue and being different from the rest of the towers doesn't make up for the ugly, cheap looking cladding.

I wouldn't call it a nice shade of blue and being different from the rest of the towers doesn't make up for the ugly, cheap looking cladding.
To each his own I suppose.
I certainly wouldn't want to see a multitude of buildings with that colour/design, but I guarantee you having one relatively small one won't keep me up at night.

I'm ambivalent about the blue on Live at Park. Some people really can't stand it, but it bothers me much less than the massing on Vantage Point or the beige stucco of Discovery Pointe.

O kay?

It doesn't keep me up at night either.

You did ask.
I actually didn't ask.
Thanks anyways though.
I simply stated it wouldn't keep me up at night. Glad to see you feel the same way, and that we can agree on something.

Chill.

P.S. Ugly, cheap, bunkerish are why people tend to hate it.

Come on guys, this isn't SSP. Let's try to keep passive aggressiveness down. I understand it's hard sometimes, definitely can be for me as well.

The Park certainly isn't the worst in town, but good lord it's nowhere near the best. I feel like a layman would look at it and think it looks good. It's a vibrant splash of colour in a highly visible location. Every person I've talked to about it (who aren't urban development enthusiasts) think it looks cool, other than the bunker-esque portion at the bottom.

Come on guys, this isn't SSP. Let's try to keep passive aggressiveness down. I understand it's hard sometimes, definitely can be for me as well.

The Park certainly isn't the worst in town, but good lord it's nowhere near the best. I feel like a layman would look at it and think it looks good. It's a vibrant splash of colour in a highly visible location. Every person I've talked to about it (who aren't urban development enthusiasts) think it looks cool, other than the bunker-esque portion at the bottom.

I agree. I think it looks cool and unique haha.
It'd be a shame letting this get to SSP level. Just like anyone else, I'm here to share my opinion - and respect that of others.
Hence the "to each his own, i suppose." maestro's a very smart & contributing member, it was never my intention to anger anyone.
Cheers! :)

I don’t find that Live on the Park looks cheap, my biggest gripe is the podium. I don’t like the way it’s made mis-matched from the building, and the lack of windows.

Back