News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.7K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.6K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

Unbuilt Projects

Does anyone know anything about this or what's going on? It's by wallman architecture on 9th ave by the greyhound bus and that's pretty much everything I know. Is this going to be built? View attachment 233747

It's in the same spot as the previously posted Hariri Pontarini (posted as Hairy Pontarini ? ) project is located. It's a block and a half of surface parking downtown that is owned by a single developer.

Add in this other iteration of Curtis Block.

Curtis_Block_2.jpg
Curtis-Block_1.jpg

We've also seen this for that 9th Ave Metro Ford lot which is the ugliest of the designs out there so the most likely.
9796884.jpg

Does anyone know anything about this or what's going on? It's by wallman architecture on 9th ave by the greyhound bus and that's pretty much everything I know. Is this going to be built? View attachment 233747

IIRC, The Gablecraft one was across the street to the north from Portfolio East.

Edit: The skyrise map had the incorrect location for the two projects. Gable craft is indeed on the north side of 13th ave (east of 1st Street) and Portfolio East is on the south side where Bernard Callebaut used to be.
Gablecraft 13th Avenue. Did this one become Portfolio or was this further east?
View attachment 233760
View attachment 233761

Procura Grand, where Park Central is.
View attachment 233764

Westbrook
View attachment 233767
View attachment 233768

Last edited:
There was supposed to be a residential tower attached to the art building on First Street. I think it was on the corner of 13th Ave and Center. I remember really liking it.

I'm glad that design never got built, it's a large cold, sterile monstrosity. Unfortunately because the whole block is owned by one developer, the eventual project will probably be something similar.
@Abstract&Unity

It appears it's a competition scheme for ONE Developments. Considering the last render has the Bow Tower still under construction, I doubt this one is going to be built.

9th-Ave_021.jpg

9th-Ave_031.jpg
9th-Ave_042.jpg
9th-Ave_051.jpg

There are more renders + info & massing on their website https://wallmanarchitects.com/project/9th-ave-calgary/

I recall a new police headquarters in the East Village before they scrapped it and moved into the old Nortel building in the NE. Is there a rendering out there of this?
I remember this proposal, was going to go on the block that 5th and 3rd / arris is now being built on. It looked like a scaled down Courthouse Center if I recall.

Unfortunately all I can find is small thumbnails for these on my webserver from way back when I ran the MapCalgary.ca construction map.

Sutton Place Hotel on 10th Ave just west of Marriott Residence Inn
contentstring125.jpg

Hotel on Macleod & 13th Ave SW
contentstring20.jpg

Genco 608 now MyriadII
contentstring16.jpg

Atco III
contentstring4.jpg

NewUrban's Curtis Block
contentstring10.jpg

Ronmor Residential 17th Ave SW & Centre St.
contentstring148.jpg
contentstring149.jpg

Back