857     0 

Unbuilt Projects

Shooter

Member Bio
Reaction score

Always_Biking

Member Bio
Reaction score
Wow, that Plaza 75 would have been kick ass! Too bad it never got built. Great idea for a thread, I wonder what other proposals were out there that we've never seen?

Alex_YYC

Member Bio
Reaction score
Does anyone remember the phase II of First Canadian centre? At one point it was supposed to be something like 70 stories, then was downgraded to something like 55 and then not built at all.

Operater

Member Bio
Reaction score
Yes I Do!. The 2nd Tower was to B 64 Floors. B of M Planned to Build 2 Bldgs. The DEPRESSION of 1982 Hit so It NEVER GOT BUILT. I Believe a Model is Still in the Main Lobby of 1st Cdn Centre, They Built the Foundations for the 2nd Tower and Turned it into a Mini Plaza of Sorts. I Doubt the 2nd Tower Will Ever Get Built.

Tnx,
Operater.

Operater

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hi Group,

Re Plaza 75. It Was to Go Up Where the Parking Structure is Behind the Bldgs in the 400 Block of 8th Ave.S.W. Never Got Built. Victim of Poor Planning and the 1982 Depression.

Tnx,
Operater.

Operater

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hi Group,

This Project Called Macintyre Plaza. Where was IT to B Built? I've Lived in This City Close to 40 Yrs and With All My Courier Work at the City This One Flew by Me For NEW PROJECTS to B
Built Never Heard About It. Any Info About It?

Tnx,
Operater.

Surrealplaces

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
The second tower will never get built as was originally designed, which is unfortunate. Looked really cool. The newest design is a 25 storey monument to boredom.

Always_Biking

Member Bio
Reaction score
Yes I Do!. The 2nd Tower was to B 64 Floors. B of M Planned to Build 2 Bldgs. The DEPRESSION of 1982 Hit so It NEVER GOT BUILT. I Believe a Model is Still in the Main Lobby of 1st Cdn Centre, They Built the Foundations for the 2nd Tower and Turned it into a Mini Plaza of Sorts. I Doubt the 2nd Tower Will Ever Get Built.

Tnx,
Operater.
Does anyone have a pic of the buildings? I tried googling and couldn't find anything.

Operater

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hi Group,

There is a Project at 56/3rd St. S.W. With a Crane etc. I live a Block Away. Nothing much Happens on the Site. I was at the Site and picked up some Information.
Its Owned by "Calhome Properties". It will B 17 Floors Up, a Low Income Project as Such. For now as Money becomes Available they do Some Work. Its all I have for now. Hope it Helps, OK.

Tnx,
Operater,