Votes: 9 13.0%
  • So So

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I remember that design from a long time ago. One tower was 25 floors, and the other was something like 18, if I recall correctly.

Max FAR in that area is 7 except for the parcels along 8th street which are 9 (if mixed use), so a second tower is doable, though not sure how tall it would be.
The original plan from way back was two towers, but given the 34 storeys have probably maxed out their FAR. Unless there are plans to build a shorter second tower some day? I don't remember seeing that but who knows.

In some of the older construction pics from above, taken by surrealplaces, I don't see much in the way of elevators and stairwells in a central area that would be used for a residential tower.

Just one tower as far as I know. The models they have in the presentation centre just have one tower.

Reactions: AJX
Just one tower as far as I know. The models they have in the presentation centre just have one tower.
I've never seen anything alluding to a second tower either. To be honest, one tower is good enough. What excites me most about this project is the retail podium.

IMG_9864.JPG
IMG_9866.JPG
IMG_9867.JPG
IMG_9882.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_9864.JPG
    IMG_9864.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 292
  • IMG_9866.JPG
    IMG_9866.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 273
  • IMG_9867.JPG
    IMG_9867.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 302
  • IMG_9882.JPG
    IMG_9882.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 283
Going slowly for sure. Not that I'm an expert, but I would guess that with the two big box stores going in, the podium is more complicated than normal. Just a guess though.

Two big box stores? I know there is the grocer (Urban Fare), who's the other one?

Back