The Hub | ?m | 28s | Campus Suites | ARK Inc.

General Rating for this project

• Great

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Very Good

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Good

Votes: 28 44.4%
  • So So

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Terrible

Votes: 12 19.0%

• Total voters
Also, I guess it's called 'The Hub' now? :/ Jeeez. Well, at least it's tall and shiny.

Lots of workers on site today. I saw a Ledcor sign on the fence. Are they the GC for the job?
The red EconoLodge just east of this is also fenced off. Are there plans for that site as well?

Lots of workers on site today. I saw a Ledcor sign on the fence. Are they the GC for the job?
The red EconoLodge just east of this is also fenced off. Are there plans for that site as well?
Don't know of anything for the Econolodge, but glad to see that action seems to be happening at the 4Square site. I had heard they were eager to get going on this.

Don't know of anything for the Econolodge, but glad to see that action seems to be happening at the 4Square site. I had heard they were eager to get going on this.

Hey Surreal, this project has been renamed, "The Hub," so the title should probably be updated. :)

Maybe the rename has to do with that location check-in app basically having the same name (Foursquare).

Just some marketing firm's sick joke to have everything named "The Hub"

I heard that the Boston Pizza is moving to North Hill centre. Does the demolition on the southeast corner by Banff Trail have anything to do with this project?

I keep forgetting to mention this. The Thriftlodge has been demolished. The Hub is not slated to extend on to that site, only the lots of the CBVI and BPs, so I'm not sure what's going on there.

May 7, 2018

fullsizeoutput_b9b.jpeg

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_b9b.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_b9b.jpeg
    675 KB · Views: 640
Whats taking this one so long to start? I swear i feel like its been forever since this one was suppose to go ahead. Looks like nothing more than the demolition has happened since. I'm sort of impatient but I'm really excited to see how the first real high-rise tower(20+ storeys) in the NW fits in. Hopefully more will follow alongside the co-op Brentwood proposal. Calgary really hasn't opened up to 20+ storey towers outside the downtown/beltline other than Westbrook so this may help give other developers the confidence to overcome the NIMBY protestors.

Whats taking this one so long to start? I swear i feel like its been forever since this one was suppose to go ahead. Looks like nothing more than the demolition has happened since. I'm sort of impatient but I'm really excited to see how the first real high-rise tower(20+ storeys) in the NW fits in. Hopefully more will follow alongside the co-op Brentwood proposal. Calgary really hasn't opened up to 20+ storey towers outside the downtown/beltline other than Westbrook so this may help give other developers the confidence to overcome the NIMBY protestors.
While The City approved it, the neighbours have appealed that approval. It looks like it is still waiting to go to the SDAB. As such, the developer can't get a building permit, since they technically don't have an approved permit yet:
https://developmentmap.calgary.ca/#property/DP2016-4219

I am guessing the appeal is only a time stalling formality, I can’t see any reason why the city would side with the appeal.

While The City approved it, the neighbours have appealed that approval. It looks like it is still waiting to go to the SDAB. As such, the developer can't get a building permit, since they technically don't have an approved permit yet:
https://developmentmap.calgary.ca/#property/DP2016-4219
Wow thats so unfortunate. And here we are calling ourselves a pro business city. I think the masterplan vision for the village already included two high-rises being built so I don't understand why on earth people would still protest. Theres always an excuse whether its sunlight, parking issues, height, density...it just never stops.

Back