The Forge | 16.5m | 6s | Kanas | Gibbs Gage

Some second floor action finally happening + Friday night at the Block 23 Village Ice Cream.
IMG_0160_0164exp.jpg
IMG_0175_0184exp.jpg

Interesting, They seem to have scrapped the concrete construction that was originally planned and gone for steel construction instead, similar to The Block on 4th. I guess it's more fitting as "The Forge?" lol

IMG_4698.jpg

EDIT: Oh yeah, I did hear rumours a while back that Gracorp (The original developer for this project when it was marketed as The Grammercy) didn't sell very well due to the higher price per sqft of concrete construction. Kanas must've decided to change it to steel when they took over the project.

EDIT 2: Dang, apparently Kanas is selling this as a rental. The failure of the Gracorp launch must've really scared them away from the idea of condos on this site. Looks like Gracorp learnt their lesson too, as Block 15 is also entirely rental.

This really makes me wonder how Truman sells out so quickly since pretty much all of their West District projects are concrete construction, even the 3-storey Parkside Condos.

Last edited:
This really makes me wonder how Truman sells out so quickly since pretty much all of their West District projects are concrete construction, even the 3-storey Parkside Condos.
My guess....and this is only a guess, is it came down to price. I don't know the pricing was for Gramercy, but I bet it was fairly high compared to Springbank Hill prices.

Back