The Fifth | 17m | 5s | Arlington Street | NORR

This is turning out to be a huge unexpected gift. I had no idea this would get built, let alone turn out this well so far. It's not finished yet, but you can already see this is looking good.
Agreed. A great model to emulate on all small parcels scattered around throughout. Huge boost to the street and shows you what full-lot parcels can do. Hope it finishes strong with good sidewalks and materials.

This is turning out to be a huge unexpected gift. I had no idea this would get built, let alone turn out this well so far. It's not finished yet, but you can already see this is looking good.
Couldn’t agree more, I am thrilled to see ASI becoming a competent - if not great - developer.

Holy Shit this is turning into a great looking project.
I’ll hold my judgement until the grade level treatment is revealed, but I’m not fully understanding the lust for this project. One of the most prominent and active street corners in the city and this has residential style sized windows and a massive blank wall facade facing 5th. Thank god it isn’t easy trim but is that the bar?

Last edited:
I’ll hold my judgement until the grade level treatment is revealed, but I’m not fully understanding the lust for this project. One of the most prominent and active street corners in the city and this has residential style sized windows and a massive blank wall facade facing 5th. Thank god it isn’t easy trim but is that the bar?
Some of the lust could be relief that it's getting built, and for most people, that it's better than they expected. Overall though I like a few things about it.
-The scale is perfect
-The perfect amount of materials - two primary materials + glass, and one , maybe two accent materials that aren't too noticeable
-Glass all around the bottom and a sidewalk layout designed for patio spaces.

It's not so much that it's magnificent, it's that there isn't anything I don't like about it.

Some of the lust could be relief that it's getting built, and for most people, that it's better than they expected. Overall though I like a few things about it.
-The scale is perfect
-The perfect amount of materials - two primary materials + glass, and one , maybe two accent materials that aren't too noticeable
-Glass all around the bottom and a sidewalk layout designed for patio spaces.

It's not so much that it's magnificent, it's that there isn't anything I don't like about it.
Good points. I think this building will do what it was set out to do and help activate this corner well, especially around the ground floor. Given the plans for some sort of public art I think there is an opportunity to use the blank gap on the building wall. It just seems drab and a peculiar choice. My two cents.

They've removed the dark grey cladding
20210807_192822.jpg

Back