The Fifth | 17m | 5s | Arlington Street | NORR

There are so many ways this could be better. I'm ready for a few of the fads here to die.
Keep the wood accents at the north end, but turf the rest would be a good start. Or keep the wood at the main floor but lose the rest. Either way, it makes a good accent, but should be only an accent.

I agree, stick to 2-3 colors. Not sure about the finishings either, hopefully these are just poor quality renderings. Love the massing though. 17th ave has seen big upgrades over the past few years. Hope development continues to accelerate on and around the main strip - same with Mission, Kensington, Inglewood etc

Not sure if this nearby development in Mission is still a go? haven't heard much about it lately.
http://www.collierscanada.com/20357#.WcLTcciGMdU

Not sure if this nearby development in Mission is still a go? haven't heard much about it lately.
http://www.collierscanada.com/20357#.WcLTcciGMdU
I would say it's probably dead in the water at this point. They never submitted a DP so my guess is they were doing some tire kicking, and given the office space market these days, got their answer.
I would love to see something go in there, it's such a great spot.

I would think residential/retail would be great for the area, not sure if there's enough setback from the adjacent gas station site though.

I would say it's probably dead in the water at this point. They never submitted a DP so my guess is they were doing some tire kicking, and given the office space market these days, got their answer.
I would love to see something go in there, it's such a great spot.

Yes it's gone now. Pictures taken yesterday evening:

37678840272_87378b9efd_b.jpg

37040518903_b9231e3b78_h.jpg

This project makes a lot more sense with that apt. building land. Hopefully they refine the design, as this is a crucial corner site. Does anyone know who owns the lot on the other side of 17th Avenue from this one? That strip mall always seems to be at least 50% vacant. It would be great to see it get torn down.

Back