The Bridge | 52.42m | 16s | Jemm Properties | Zeidler

I know that one of the big reasons there was a push for a much reduced parking rate was to limit the parkade to one floor only, as going two floors deep would add a lot of costs. Not just the typical construction/excavation costs, but a lot of work/effort would be needed to keep water out. This part of bridgeland is not much higher than the bow river, and I think the ground here is quite porous, so I think there is a very, very high water table. Probably just a little higher than normal due to the rains lately, but I bet it is just ground water seeping in.

BAA1EC62-ACAD-40BF-BF0F-9FA42520834B.jpeg

It's remarkable how Bridgeland is poppin off. Out of curiosity, what would be the highest you'd allow buildings to be built in Bridgeland if it were up to you? and same question but for Kensington. Me personally, I'd like to see a little more height across the river, I've always thought cities that have rivers snake their way through a sea of high rises looked neat.

It's remarkable how Bridgeland is poppin off. Out of curiosity, what would be the highest you'd allow buildings to be built in Bridgeland if it were up to you? and same question but for Kensington. Me personally, I'd like to see a little more height across the river, I've always thought cities that have rivers snake their way through a sea of high rises looked neat.
I like the scales of buildings Bridgeland is already using, although some taller buildings (12-15 floors) along Edmonton Trail would be a good fit. Buildings in the 3-6 floor range on the north side of 1st avenue would do a great job of filling out the neighborhood.

I think it's largely contextual on the site being proposed. For instance I think a few 12-15 story buildings along the southern bit of Edmonton Trail is perfectly reasonable, whereas I think where the former hospital used to be has probably been developed just around the right hights.

In Kensington I think its a little trickier. But along 10th street 6-8 stories seems reasonable, maybe you could push 12 closer further north closer to sait. But I definitely think the best place in Kensington for tall buildings is along 9a street next to the train tracks.

I think the buildings in Bridgeland and Kensington are just about right. There are a few spots in each neighborhood where you could get away with something a bit taller 12-15 floors, but for the most part the density is well done in each neighborhood. Rather than go taller in each neighborhood, I'd like to see their current make-up repeated in other nearby neighborhoods (renfrew, Capitol Hill etc..)

I think the buildings in Bridgeland and Kensington are just about right. There are a few spots in each neighborhood where you could get away with something a bit taller 12-15 floors, but for the most part the density is well done in each neighborhood. Rather than go taller in each neighborhood, I'd like to see their current make-up repeated in other nearby neighborhoods (renfrew, Capitol Hill etc..)
West Hillhurst along 19th street would also be an area that could be modeled after Kensington. Too bad Kensington road west of 14th is such a backwards disaster, there could have been a nice corridor tying 10th street hub to the upcoming 19th street hub.

They aren't wasting ANY time on this beast...

39F146F9-CAE4-44D8-8D90-D0B6C0E23359_1_201_a.jpeg

Back