Teck Place Conversion | 44m | 10s | Cidex Group | NORR

They're painting the cement columns white. I think this will end up looking exactly like the render.

Image.jpg

Yesterday I thought Maestro was being too hard on this one. Then I looked back at some pics of the original facade on Page 1, and I admit he has a point. Those vertical mullions looked great, and losing them definitely detracts from the look of the building.

I agree. I think the original building (when it was new) was far superior, but it was looking old, worn, and tired. I don’t mind this conversion so far. I’d rank it second behind Cube, but far better than the Eau Clare buildings and that vinyl siding abomination I will not name.

I will grudgingly admit that last time I saw Cornerstone up close, it didn't look as bad as I thought it would.
My issue with cornerstone is they scored an own goal, its issue is that it would've saved the the developer money to do what the developer is doing on this conversion, leaving the exposed (in cornerstone's case brick) columns, exposed.

Last edited:
It looks like a completely new building. Hope they can save the ground floor arches.
They are saving them. Definitely featured in the render 😊

I can live with this conversion. They kept most of the original architectural pieces that made it unique (arches, fins), while freshening up the main cladding. Once the balcony glass goes in and it’s fully painted and touched up I think it will be good. I’ll give it a 7.5/10 for now and might bump it to an 8 once it’s done. For conversions that’s a huge win lol.

Count me as somehow who is incredibly happy with this entire program so far. A fast, effective, and cost appropriate model of adding housing/density in the area we need it most, at far more reasonable prices than a skyrise condo.

I wont comment on the architecture itself, because none of it is excellent...but they all look at worst the same or at best much better...but have added functionality...and I think that's ultimately the goal, no? It's like renovating a housing in Confederation...they improve but never match the new build next store in "wow factor"

Back