Taza (Tsuut'ina Nation Development) | ?m | ?s | Canderel

I would also like to see some nicely developed pathways that tie the nature areas into the developed areas. Maybe that's part of the plan already, but if not I think it something that could really add.

I think it's a win-win. If all goes as planned it should be good for the Tsuut'ina nation, and the retail will be good for people in that quadrant of the city. Retail is sparse in that area. It's also nice to have a stop off point (for gas, and food) along the ring road.

This is good news for that part of the city, and something that could be very good for Tsuut'ina nation . Here's a question maybe @5seconds can answer as you seem to know a lot about this. What are the plans for the rental residential? Will they be open for anyone (non-nation members) to live there? It'd be kinda coo to have a place so close to the Weaselhead.

Rentals for anyone.

devs-2017.jpg

Here's a newer zone map of the development area near Glenmore and Sarcee Trails. I believe there will be more details soon.

Lmfao! Ye Olde Offramp Resort. Hahaha! Amazing :)

Perhaps surprisingly, that 'resort' area has probably the most spectacular views in the entire region. It's positioned slightly down into the Elbow valley, and when you face away from the road, all you can see is the pristine Tsuut'ina side of the Weaselhead area, the Elbow river, the hills beyond and then the mountains. As long as noise isn't too bad, I'm not surprised that area is earmarked for a use that takes advantage of the natural surroundings.

Another interesting factoid is that the furthest western point of that 'resort' area is the site of the Tsuut'ina Nation's last Sundance before the federal government outlawed it. I believe it was held in the mid 1880s.

Perhaps surprisingly, that 'resort' area has probably the most spectacular views in the entire region. It's positioned slightly down into the Elbow valley, and when you face away from the road, all you can see is the pristine Tsuut'ina side of the Weaselhead area, the Elbow river, the hills beyond and then the mountains. As long as noise isn't too bad, I'm not surprised that area is earmarked for a use that takes advantage of the natural surroundings.

Another interesting factoid is that the furthest western point of that 'resort' area is the site of the Tsuut'ina Nation's last Sundance before the federal government outlawed it. I believe it was held in the mid 1880s.

That's great. I just found/find it hilarious to see a resort right next to a 6 lane highway/15(ish) lane interchange.

That information is really cool though. I will have to check out that area sometime.

It will be interesting to see how it comes together; such a beautiful location adjacent to such a huge road. I guess that will be the case all the way along the ring road, as it crosses the Weaselhead and the Fish Creek.

Better a resort next to a highway interchange than another power center big box parking lot extraordinaire.

That's great. I just found/find it hilarious to see a resort right next to a 6 lane highway/15(ish) lane interchange.

That information is really cool though. I will have to check out that area sometime.

LOL Power centre big box parking lot extraordinaire describes the resort I once stayed at on the Jersey side of New York City.

I thought the same thing when I first saw that. I think the noise will be okay, I stayed at the Post up at Lake Louise once and it’s right beside Hwy 1, but I never noticed the highway noise at all. I am assuming it will be the same with this hotel.

Back