Spider Block | 16.46m | 4s | Certus | McKinley Burkart

Social Justice

Member Bio
Reaction score
Disappointing indeed. 14th still has a chance of becoming a half decent retail corridor, but not if new projects or articulated this way.
Agreed. I'm not a big fan of that parking lot fronting 14th street. It creates a pedestrian/car conflict.

Surrealplaces

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Calgary Planning Commission referred it to go back to amend the land use application for something that would facilitate parking at the back. If I understand correctly.
Thank god. It was really frustrating to think that a new development on 14th would have a parking lot fronting it, especially considering the city's Main streets initiative.

MichaelS

Member Bio
Reaction score
Calgary Planning Commission referred it to go back to amend the land use application for something that would facilitate parking at the back. If I understand correctly.
https://www.calgary.ca/PDA/pd/Docum...commission/agenda/2017/agenda-cpc-july-27.pdf

Item 4.01 at next week's CPC. Page 91/467.
Looks like they have changed the land-use proposed, and design of the building, to move the parking to the back and bring the building more to face 14th street. New site plan is on page 102.

Operater

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hi Group,
That V W Spider has Been There for a While. Been Through a few Paint Jobs if I am Correct! Where will It B Going to? Hope It Finds a Happy New Home Someplace
Tnx,
Operater.

DiscoStu

Member Bio
Reaction score
Did they remove all the parking, or just put it in the back (or underground)? I like that they moved the building up to the street, but the reality is buildings like this still need to be accessed by cars to some extent.