Sorella | 20m | 6s | Jackson McCormick

MichaelS

Member Bio
Reaction score
A new one has been applied for on the SW corner of the intersection of 14th Street and 19th Avenue SW:

1703020655780.png

1703003838383.png

Bankview's mixed density machine just keeps humming, quietly added to and updating the local housing stock for decades. Should be a good addition.

On a related note - I do wish Bankview, Upper Mount Royal and Scarboro weren't historically against retail expansion up the hills on 14th and 17th Ave. I don't know if we would see any, but lack of retail on the 17th Ave and 14 Street corridors creates a bit of car-sewers in the final stretch from the height of the hill to the urban bottom, starting at 17th Ave and 14th Street. Would be preferrable to create a more integrated retail and walkable zone extending up the corridors to avoid such a abrupt transition from a commuter road to a retail destination.

I actually don't mind it. If they stick with the brick and stucco, and go with a semi-modern look the stone at the bottom it'll be fine. It's a nice change from the vinyl and hardie board siding
Yeah it's funny...a decade or two ago I would've hated this. But after all the vinyl/hardie board we've been inundated with, I'll take this brick and stucco project any day.

Looks like a development from the 90s. But we've seen worst.
It does, but that's what I like about it. I think I've seen enough siding and composite panels and it feels like time for a change. I'm not the biggest fan of stucco, but with the brick and wrought iron railings it already has an elegant look that we haven't seen in a while.

Ah, it's disappointing they aren't adding commercial at grade like the proposal from 2019

My dream is that one day 14th St can be more than just a sewer.

I walk along 14th most days. Despite a load of foot traffic from the school and increasing density, it feels like pedestrians are still an afterthought.
But I think they have retail at ground level???Would love to see how this, the sentinel, hat and sunalta height will transform 14. Still hoping for a new grocery store🤣

The application says “Six (6) storey mixed-use building with at-grade Retail & Consumer Service, second floor office use, and a total of 31 residential dwelling units”

But I think they have retail at ground level???Would love to see how this, the sentinel, hat and sunalta height will transform 14. Still hoping for a new grocery store🤣

The application says “Six (6) storey mixed-use building with at-grade Retail & Consumer Service, second floor office use, and a total of 31 residential dwelling units”
That's the old DP.

Back