RNDSQR Block | 44.8m | 12s | RNDSQR | 5468796 Architecture

Do we have any idea on what the material of the lattice structure is? Looks like engineered wood. If so, that just made this project a lot cooler.

Also something a lot of yall didn't notice, RNDSQR will be demanding provincial heritage protection for CIBC Building in case of future development threat, and will be including a MAX Purple Station in the base of the development. What a fricken classy firm.

Nimby.PNG

hmmmm

A wild nimby has appeared...

The NIMBYs have arisen...

secondary-suite-opponents.jpg

Seriously, I'm totally sympathetic to the desire to preserve Inglewood as a low-to-mid height heritage neighbourhood. That said, exceptions should be made for exceptional buildings. This is an exceptional building. It deserves to tower above the buildings around it. I would oppose a 12s building if it looked like most of the generic crap that gets built in this city. In addition to its architectural merit, it removes a used car lot at a prominent corner, provides more public space, animates the back alleyway, and provides more employment and retail space in the neighbourhood. As well, it increases residential density next to what (hopefully) will become an LRT station.

This would be amazing to see built. Inglewood is kicking ass and taking names. What a difference from the Inglewood of 30 years ago!

or 5 or 10 years ago or whatever

hahaha ? I barely recognize what's going on there from when I moved here 8 years ago. Night and day. Parking lots getting filled in, in Inglewood. In Inglewood!!

There used to be the K.I.S.S. initiative - Keep Inglewood Slightly Sleazy - it was supposed to kind of a push against gentrification. Not sure what ever happened to it.

Back