News   Apr 03, 2020
 5.4K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 4.3K     0 

Calgary Restaurant Thread

NOT Añejo, that's for sure. Great margaritas, but huge/bland/dry tacos.

I'm no expert, but I thought the tacos at Bodega and Native Tongues were good, and Chilitos had a good burrito.
Native Tongues and Gringo Street are my favourites, don't want to always go to the same places though.

Been there, done that, spilled it on my shirt... lol

Moose & Poncho is great, they give you way more filling than can actually be rolled up and fit in your mouth, but there's a second shell on every taco.

Tacos Mexico is really good. I've only been to the one on Memorial, but it's very similar to what you'd get in Mexico at a taco place in a non-touristy town. The only difference being the price, but overall, still good value, for good tacos.

Neither are actually Mexican owned/rooted so sadly neither are authentic in any way. Moose and Poncho is the way to go in my honest opinion.
Don't waste your time going to Tropical or Anejo.
Just because they aren’t owned by Mexicans doesn’t mean they aren’t authentic in any way. I’ve eaten tacos at various spots around Mexico (non resort places) and to me the tacos from Native Tongues, or Tacos Mexico taste no different than tacos I’ve eaten in Guadalajara, Durango or Mexico City.
Taco Bell and Mucho Burrito are places I don’t think are authentic in any way.

Back