Votes: 20 44.4%
  • So So

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I'm just used seeing signs on half built condos that say you can move in next month.

I am also a little surprised to see that they only plan on opening in 2019. Judging by how fast this is being built the hotel building will be built by the end of the year easily if not both hotel and the apartment building. Spending a whole year on the interior would seem like a huge waste of time.

Maybe they're ahead of schedule and just haven't updated the sign?

There is a lot of work to do inside for this hotel brand. IIRC (just stayed in a Residence Inn in NH) nearly all of the rooms are full suites with full kitchens. So interior finishing is more on par with building a condo than simple double hotel rooms. I haven't looked anything up, but there's also probably a big pool/spa/fitness area, catering, boardroom, ballrooms, etc.? Is there any outdoor terrace on the podium? Probably a lounge or restaurant on the main level.

Then you have full staffing and operations to get trained and underway.

Hi Group,
I Notice that Small Resturant to the west of the Project is still there. Is it still Open or is It on say "Borrowed Time". With DT Expanding South to 12th Ave., that Land will B Worth a Few Loonies/Toonies for Developers, B Interesting to See what Goes In, If Anything.
Tnx,
Operater.

There is a lot of work to do inside for this hotel brand. IIRC (just stayed in a Residence Inn in NH) nearly all of the rooms are full suites with full kitchens. So interior finishing is more on par with building a condo than simple double hotel rooms. I haven't looked anything up, but there's also probably a big pool/spa/fitness area, catering, boardroom, ballrooms, etc.? Is there any outdoor terrace on the podium? Probably a lounge or restaurant on the main level.

Then you have full staffing and operations to get trained and underway.

True. People move into condos while the amenities are still far from complete. Training will take a few months for sure. They should start training even before everything is completed. The tower will be topped in weeks (just the mechanical to build) and the cladding isn't far behind. It's still 1.5 years to go.

There was a DP in for another hotel (Sutton Place) just to the west of the Marriot Residence Inn, but iirc the parcel where the restaurant is was not part of it, so it's possible it could be there a while.
Hi Group,
I Notice that Small Resturant to the west of the Project is still there. Is it still Open or is It on say "Borrowed Time". With DT Expanding South to 12th Ave., that Land will B Worth a Few Loonies/Toonies for Developers, B Interesting to See what Goes In, If Anything.
Tnx,
Operater.

It has been a while this project saw a photo update, so here we go. Hotel part seems to be slowing down but rental tower is picking up speed.

Pictures taken yesterday:

36252905390_5d828e97c0_b.jpg

35839981173_cad7784323_h.jpg

36480017232_34c983d494_h.jpg

36510975021_a7bcbbffe1_h.jpg

36510974831_196ee0e7b6_h.jpg

36510972921_31c641b3d5_h.jpg

36510969581_a5b1d7ea65_h.jpg

35814279214_9e3ff3fe9f_b.jpg

35814276874_84a1333950_h.jpg

Nice pics! It's nice to see these projects at golden hour or sunset, as they have a different look to them. I'm digging the glazing on the residential portion, it's turning out much better than I expected.

Yeah was just gonna say the same thing. The res tower is looking way better than I thought it would.

Back