PLATFORM | 21m | 6s | CMLC | Kasian

8D05D941-BEF5-479A-8889-687A06D160FA.jpeg
80012242-1F89-47CE-AB9A-C57046956C0C.jpeg

Good use of a parkade but I really hope the City chooses to keep the EV courts alive as well and this isn't a substitute. The courts in EV add so much street vibrancy to the area in the summer. It would be a tragedy to have them gone as there is a developer who owns the land and has plans for a tower.

honestly, why not $75mm toward a homeless shelter or low income housing. this is just ridiculous.

dont know if anyone has driven past the property between 10th ave and the tracks east of 4st se but it looks like they are installing a mega parking facility in there. cant think of who would park there outside of during the stampede. maybe its for some other purpose but it doesnt look like green line station prep to me.

Last edited:
honestly, why not $75mm toward a homeless shelter or low income housing. this is just ridiculous.

dont know if anyone has driven past the property between 10th ave and the tracks east of 4st se but it looks like they are installing a mega parking facility in there. cant think of who would park there outside of during the stampede. maybe its for some other purpose but it doesnt look like green line station prep to me.
I believe that is a surface parking lot that the City agreed to build for the Stampede as part of the shady, secretive deal around the new event centre. Imagine having all the power, wealth, and connections of Calgary's "old boys" club and all you can think to do with it is build more empty parking lots.

Man, when I see things like Bridgeland, I get excited that this city is headed in the right direction. Then when I see this parkade and a surface parking lot for the Flames next to a future LRT stop, I lose all hope. It's 1 step forward and 2 steps back with this City. It's like City hall is trying to fit in with 2021 yet they still can't let go of their toxic ex from 1980.

Both are hoping that they will make 95% of their money during stampede I guess. Both will likely be quite full when there is an event at the new barn too. What I'm curious about is the 9-5 parking, how busy will they be on a normal work day...

That Remington lot that is being paved into a parking lot used to house all the freight trailers that would come in for Stampede.

an unnecessary parking garage, a block away from an under construction parking lot to replace lost capacity because of an arena that isnt being built.

#government
I don't think you can blame government specifically. Both parking lots are the products of backroom deals made with powerful private interests. All of the major successes in this city are when planning takes place in an open and transparent way.

Back