Northland Village Redevelopment | 19m | 6s | DIALOG

I’m definitely going to be using Vinyl Village now, but maybe when a relative asks about the suburbs.

Oh yes, they live in Vinyl Village now. They used to live in Stucco Station, and before that they were in Hardie Hamlet. The plaza in front of Walmart is a beautiful place to spend a summer afternoon.

People have already begun to move in.
IMG_3797.jpeg
IMG_3798.jpeg
IMG_3799.jpeg
IMG_3800.jpeg

The bike lane/bus stop layout beside the new residential buildings has been reconfigured by getting rid of the bus pullout that was in the middle of the bike lane and moving the bus stop from the sidewalk to the concrete island/divider:
IMG_6310exp.jpg

Residential buildings: South building is complete and people have moved in.
IMG_6191exp.jpg
IMG_6196_6200exp.jpg
IMG_6221exp.jpg
IMG_6358_6366exp.jpg
IMG_6246_6252exp.jpg
IMG_6270_6282exp.jpg
IMG_6333exp.jpg
IMG_6318exp.jpg

Mall redevelopment:
IMG_6342exp.jpg
IMG_6313exp.jpg
IMG_6370_6382exp.jpg
IMG_6400_6404exp.jpg
IMG_6386_6389exp.jpg

The bike lane/bus stop layout beside the new residential buildings has been reconfigured by getting rid of the bus pullout that was in the middle of the bike lane and moving the bus stop from the sidewalk to the concrete island/divider:
View attachment 503137
You should have added a warning label to this post Niteryder. I just about had a heart attack seeing some half decent cycling infrastructure in Calgary's 'burbs!

The next stage of the mall's redevelopment has been applied for. It is going where most of the mall is now (maybe iti s already demolished? I haven't been by there in a while), but it is just single storey retail by the looks of it, including a grocery store.
1705360877106.png

1705360911523.png

This whole redevelopment feels like a massive missed opportunity to me. A couple of crappy looking apartment buildings, strip mall-style retail surrounded by acres of parking and lousy pedestrian connections. It looks like something I'd expect to get developed at the far edge of the city, not a redevelopment in an established area close to LRT...

This whole redevelopment feels like a massive missed opportunity to me. A couple of crappy looking apartment buildings, strip mall-style retail surrounded by acres of parking and lousy pedestrian connections. It looks like something I'd expect to get developed at the far edge of the city, not a redevelopment in an established area close to LRT...
Unless they build a station at Northland it’s not that close to an LRT station. There’s hope for the development yet, maybe they’ll build better stuff on the south end of the parcel.

I feel like this is a good kickstarter for a more dense node. Now that this will be buildt, more developers can use that area to build more around the area.

And it’s not that close to an LRT station

Back