Nest | 40.23m | 15s | Cairo Development | Casola Koppe

Although am I usually in agreement with most of you, I can't this time. Looks like they're are going uber cheap here. Very few windows on that right side and an abundance of stucco. The podium looks like something from Sketchup...

It's nice, too bad it's right beside a freeway.
The over-built MacLeod Trail freeways of the Beltline will be a blemish on inner city vibrancy forever. Hopefully with enough random towers and density they can at least be masked from all directions where you won't notice them until you are literally on them.

I love the front of this building. not sure about the sides, and agree with Urb, it needs more window, and less stucco.

I would love if the city could some day find a way to change MacLeod and 1st Street back to two way. It would go a long way towards developing the Victoria Park side of the Beltline, and would probably have more impact than anything from the city's master plan for the area..

I would love if the city could some day find a way to change MacLeod and 1st Street back to two way. It would go a long way towards developing the Victoria Park side of the Beltline, and would probably have more impact than anything from the city's master plan for the area..
Same goes for the much discussed, never-implemented 11th and 12th Ave return to two-way traffic. Would be a game changer and reduce the feeling of N-S barriers in the Beltline.

I think a great change would be for 9th Ave to be converted to two way. Implementation challenges aside, it would simplify a ton of cross-core traffic and bus routes.

Turning one-way streets into two-way streets has multiple benefits. This study found that they also increased traffic flows (while decreasing crime, accidents, and providing other benefits): http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/0739456X15593147

I know Jane Jacobs often argued that one-way streets increase traffic because they force cars to make extra loops around blocks.

My hunch is that the businesses along 11th ave would get a huge boost if that was converted into a two-way street.

Same goes for the much discussed, never-implemented 11th and 12th Ave return to two-way traffic. Would be a game changer and reduce the feeling of N-S barriers in the Beltline.

I think a great change would be for 9th Ave to be converted to two way. Implementation challenges aside, it would simplify a ton of cross-core traffic and bus routes.

The data points indicate a 11th and 12 back to 2-ways would really help the struggling business along these corridors. Same for West downtown. I'd love to see the city re-evaluate, look at these streets as not just traffic flow but part of the neighbourhood.

Hi,

One Block South of 17th Ave S. E. Not Sure What is in the Areas. Empty Land Off Hand? Believe So. Small Piece of Land to add to the Areas. Should B Interesting.

Tnx
Operater.

Does anyone know who is behind the development of this project? At one time, it was this company.

http://livurban.ca/

But something makes me think, it is no longer them. The design rendering has certainly changed.

Back