N3 | 58.52m | 16s | Knightsbridge | GEC

Quite a concentration of Tim Hortons in this area. There are two more like 3 and 5 minutes away walking from this one.

Don't forget the one in The Bow ;)

A little update with Tim Hortons almost ready to open:

37721894041_60c2705662_h.jpg

37721893411_42b1583b39_b.jpg

37721893341_c5c8d79923_b.jpg

37721892201_51b7b940df_b.jpg

23868875198_813e8ac6fb_b.jpg

I can't say I'm liking the way retail is being incorporated into this part of the East Village. This is one retail unit that takes up half the block and it doesn't even meet the street at ground level.

It's looks like Tim Horton's leased more than one unit here. I don't understand the raised entrance. I was under the impression $500 million was spent to raise the ground level of the East Village.

Timmies. What a way to mess up a classy facade.

I can't say I'm liking the way retail is being incorporated into this part of the East Village. This is one retail unit that takes up half the block and it doesn't even meet the street at ground level.
The street slopes down there, and I think they have to keep the floor level above the flood plain, so that's why the stairs and ramp are there. Tims should have a lot of foot traffic and that's what the area needs. I just hope the Rosso across the street can handle the competition (even though coffee wise there is no competition lol).

Im not a fan of the way Tim Hortons has taken up the whole retail base, but outside of that I am fine with having at Tim's in East Village. I never go to Tim's myself but I always see they are very busy. What East Village could use is more people outside of the river path area.

Im not a fan of the way Tim Hortons has taken up the whole retail base, but outside of that I am fine with having at Tim's in East Village. I never go to Tim's myself but I always see they are very busy. What East Village could use is more people outside of the river path area.
Not a bad way to pull people ever deeper into the EV with Tim Hortons. That Tim's is bound to have 10 or 20x the daily traffic of the NMC. The neighbourhood needs both of course, but Tim's are a great vibrancy booster in the category they play at.

There's bigger issues in this city than Tim's being 3 whole steps up from street level.
I think it's a good addition, as you all have said it'll get more foot traffic, which Calgary as a whole needs. Less people who live in the area driving to further Tim's locations too.

My biggest gripe with Tim Horton's is the drive through culture that goes with them. I don't go there for coffee myself, but many do, I imagine it will keep busy.

Tim Hortons and a craft beer growler shop all in the same building. That's the fun and mix of downtown.
There'a a Growler Shop going into N3?

Back