• 4 Not Good

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • 5 Terrible

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters

Surrealplaces

Member Bio
Reaction score
The website says the commercial space is already spoken for, which is great. I'm not surprised that the commercial space is gone though, it's a great location...I just hope it's not a case where the whole base is leased to a bank. I won't be surprised if the res units sell fairly easily.

luk_o

Member Bio
Reaction score
I get that you can't always have gem developments everywhere, but 9th in Inglewood, just like 4th Street in Mission are areas that the city HAS to signal out and put more stringent guidelines on the quality / uniqueness of the development. Torode has already put that cream & beige spandrel monstrosity to the east of this one, and now this generic garbage...very frustrating.

outoftheice

Member Bio
Reaction score
Drove by today and this one is officially under way by the looks of it. They've begun excavation on the site and it looked like they were already 5ish feet down.

Habanero

Member Bio
Reaction score
I don't actually mind this. I won't argue that it could have been better, but at the end of the day it adds more retail to 9th ave, and more units to Inglewood, and the scale is bang on. It looks to be good for the people living in the units.

Stephen Ave

Member Bio
Reaction score
I don't actually mind this. I won't argue that it could have been better, but at the end of the day it adds more retail to 9th ave, and more units to Inglewood, and the scale is bang on. It looks to be good for the people living in the units.
The scale is perfect, and the retail streetfront is decent, my suggestion to the developer would be to tweak the design by using similar materials (brick and stone) but more modern design. Pay tribute to the neighborhood with the materials, but not trying to re-create it.

maestro

Member Bio
Reaction score
Scale of this nature should be easy. The same applies for new development delivering new residents. Retail should be built at this location . All the positives are near certainties. This is bottom of the barrel lowest common denominator. There's not much if anything for me to like.

Just build it

Member Bio
Reaction score
The scale is perfect, and the retail streetfront is decent, my suggestion to the developer would be to tweak the design by using similar materials (brick and stone) but more modern design. Pay tribute to the neighborhood with the materials, but not trying to re-create it.
My thoughts exactly.

Disraeli

Member Bio
Reaction score
I get that you can't always have gem developments everywhere, but 9th in Inglewood, just like 4th Street in Mission are areas that the city HAS to signal out and put more stringent guidelines on the quality / uniqueness of the development. Torode has already put that cream & beige spandrel monstrosity to the east of this one, and now this generic garbage...very frustrating.
Now that it is finished and the retail bays are filled in, I don't mind how this one turned out. The colors are horrible but the scale and design fits in nicely, not to mention that Rosso seems to keep the corner bustling after business hours. But I share everyone's concern about the materials to be used on Irvine. Maroon stucco would look god awful.

Social Justice

Member Bio
Reaction score
Now that it is finished and the retail bays are filled in, I don't mind how this one turned out. The colors are horrible but the scale and design fits in nicely, not to mention that Rosso seems to keep the corner bustling after business hours. But I share everyone's concern about the materials to be used on Irvine. Maroon stucco would look god awful.
I agree. I never really held the same visceral hate for that building that everyone else did on this forum. My biggest complaint was that there were no balonies and the steps leading up to the CRU's created a weird streetscape.

BTW, I like your username Benjamin.