Votes: 10 22.2%
  • 3 So So

Votes: 19 42.2%
  • 4 Not Good

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • 5 Terrible

Votes: 4 8.9%

• Total voters
I'm with you JBI. Ingelwood deserves better than just "decent." Every developer thinking about the area should look at Hive before they get into designing for Inglewood. Irvine looks like it belongs in Cranston or some such far flung place rather than Inglewood.

Agreed, I would also add in Southbank and Avli on Atlantic with Hive, as you stated.

Would anyone know if this building is going to be wood-frame or concrete built?

Last edited:
All of the others small MF projects that Torode have done were wood frame. Those have been rental buildings though. Irvine is starting out as a condo. Maybe they will build out of concrete as a selling feature. It's still early yet.

All of the others small MF projects that Torode have done were wood frame. Those have been rental buildings though. Irvine is starting out as a condo. Maybe they will build out of concrete as a selling feature. It's still early yet.

I would expect the concrete main-floor with five stories of wood/metal frame above.

Pretty Excited to see how this will turn out. I think Inglewood needs more density to promote local businesses and for people to have a better presence and awareness of Inglewood overall. I feel as if Inglewood will face multiple positive changes in the next little while with the Green line and projects like Irvine and Avli. More people, more accessibility, better support for the community and local businesses. I am exited for this to be up!

I would like to see a project that uses older material such as brick or stone to reflect on the historical side of the neighborhood, but in a modern way so as to reflect on the modern side of Inglewood.

Old comment but this is my preference as well. As much as it's not realistic to completely preserve a historical community like a museum, I personally think it's worse to replace the real history with some fake version. A better way is to use a complementary massing and quality of materials in a way that obviously contemporary.

I like the former Bang and Olufsen on Stephen Avenue as an example of that

o.jpg

https://www.yelp.ca/biz/bang-and-olufsen-calgary

And my preference as well. You can pay homage to an area by using similar materials in a different way, but trying to re-create it is something that better suits a theme park.
Old comment but this is my preference as well. As much as it's not realistic to completely preserve a historical community like a museum, I personally think it's worse to replace the real history with some fake version. A better way is to use a complementary massing and quality of materials in a way that obviously contemporary.

o.jpg

Great example of how to do a nod to the history of a neighbourhood.

o.jpg

Back