News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.8K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.6K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

Calgary International Airport

I'm guessing that that'll replace the current 767s and YYC will get one for the Gatwick flight.
It's so early to tell with the WestJet Dreamliner purchase and plans. Definitely some Europe service (probably replacing the old 767's) and hopefully service to Asia. The big question will be how much for YYC versus YYZ and YVR.

Antonov 124 visiting Calgary today.

@FlyYYC

DHdDCgQVwAAwWTq.jpg
DHdDCk7VYAA2G0s.jpg

Attachments

• DHdDCgQVwAAwWTq.jpg
    DHdDCgQVwAAwWTq.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 394
  • DHdDCk7VYAA2G0s.jpg
    DHdDCk7VYAA2G0s.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 421
I have a question for day aviation experts out there. How many daily flights are there from Calgary to London UK? I had a conversation with a friend of mine who said there were only 2 per day but it looks to me like at least 3 (AC, WS, British Airways) and some days there may be as high as 4 Air Transat added.

I have a question for day aviation experts out there. How many daily flights are there from Calgary to London UK? I had a conversation with a friend of mine who said there were only 2 per day but it looks to me like at least 3 (AC, WS, British Airways) and some days there may be as high as 4 Air Transat added.
I believe the British Airways flight is the same as the Air Canada flight. It's a code share, or something like that.

No, British Airways and Air Canada are separate flights. Plus BA is in the One World alliance and AC is Star Alliance. Daily flights to LHR from both airlines. WestJet operates London-Gatwick 6x weekly during the summer season and I believe it reduces to 3x weekly over the winter.

BA 787
AC 77W (summer) 787 (winter)
WS 763

I've seen the BA aircraft at the airport now and then. Air Transat has some flights to London, but they aren't regular scheduled flights. I don't know what the frequency is, but I've seen their flights to London up on the board now and then.

Rumour at SSP is that Delta may be adding direct flights to Atlanta.
Rumour from a high up at Delta: they are considering a relaunch of YYC-ATL, maybe 4x weekly 738. That is the same source that told me about YEG getting the 717 from MSP long before it appeared on the sked, so there is some validity to the source.

Back